The Seattle Mariners (85-70) and Oakland Athletics (56-100) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at T-Mobile Park, at 9:40 PM ET. The Mariners are coming off a series victory over the Rangers, and the Athletics a series loss to the Angels.
The favored Mariners (-261 moneyline odds) take the field at home against the Athletics (+215). The Seattle Mariners will hand the ball to Logan Gilbert (13-6, 3.29 ERA), who is looking for win No. 14 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to Ken Waldichuk (1-2, 7.15 ERA). The game’s over/under is 6.5.
Mariners vs. Athletics Predictions
Mariners vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle has a 4-4 record over the eight games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Seattle’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mariners vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Logan Gilbert
- When Gilbert starts, the Mariners have gone 17-14-0 against the spread.
- The Mariners have been favored on the moneyline in 16 of Gilbert’s starts this season, and they went 10-6 in those matchups.
- Over Gilbert’s 31 starts, his team is 20-11.
- Gilbert has started 31 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 13 of them.
Projected starter: Ken Waldichuk
- Waldichuk and his team have a record of 2-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Oakland has a record of 1-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- In games Waldichuk has started, his team is 1-4.
- In the five games Waldichuk has started this season, the teams combined to hit the over on the point total each time.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Ty France is batting .277 with 26 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 34 walks.
- France’s home runs rank 61st in MLB and he ranks 36th in RBI in MLB.
- France heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .429 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez has hit 31 home runs with 85 runs batted in. Both are team-highs.
- Suarez ranks 15th in homers and 30th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .248 with 24 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 65 walks.
- Adam Frazier has 21 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 46 walks while batting .235.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland with a batting average of .249. He’s also hit 18 home runs with 66 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Murphy is 75th in home runs and 73rd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 112 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .333 this season.
- Kemp is 239th overall in homers and 169th in RBI this season.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs (25) and runs batted in (67) this season while batting .230.
- Chad Pinder has 80 hits and an OBP of .258 to go with a slugging percentage of .381 this season.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.