Mike Yastrzemski is just two hits away from his 100th of the campaign as his San Francisco Giants (78-78) prep for the Arizona Diamondbacks (72-84) on Friday at 10:15 PM ET.
The Giants are a close favorite (-118 on the moneyline) when they play the Diamondbacks (-101). The Giants will start Alex Cobb (6-7) versus the Diamondbacks and Merrill Kelly (13-7). The total in the game is set at 7 total runs.
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco won each of the seven games it played while the moneyline favorite over their last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
- San Francisco’s record against the spread is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- Arizona has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Over its last 10 games, Arizona is 7-4-0 against the spread.
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alex Cobb
- The Giants are 11-15-0 against the spread when Cobb starts.
- The Giants have been the moneyline favorite in 17 of Cobb’s starts this season, and they went 8-9 in those games.
- Cobb’s team has won nine of his 26 starts.
- Cobb’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Merrill Kelly
- Kelly and his team have a record of 20-14-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 9-16 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Kelly’s team has won 15 of his 31 starts.
- Out of Kelly’s 34 starts with a total this season, 14 have hit the over.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has a team-high 70 runs batted in.
- Flores’ home runs rank 70th in MLB and he ranks 59th in RBI in MLB.
- Thairo Estrada’s .267 batting average paces his team.
- Estrada ranks 121st in home runs among hitters in MLB and 88th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson paces the Giants with 23 home runs and 70 runs batted in.
- Pederson brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .500 with two triples, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Yastrzemski is hitting .211 with 29 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 58 walks.
- Yastrzemski has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs with 36 and runs batted in with 91.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Walker is seventh in home runs and 21st in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has 122 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .456 this season.
- Varsho ranks 30th in homers and 53rd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Varsho enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .176 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Ketel Marte has collected 118 base hits, an OBP of .321 and a slugging percentage of .407 this season.
- Josh Rojas leads Arizona in batting average (.261) this season while adding eight home runs and 50 RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.