The San Diego Padres (86-70) host the Chicago White Sox (77-79) to open a three-game series at PETCO Park, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on Friday. The Padres are on the back of a series defeat to the Dodgers, and the White Sox a series loss to the Twins.
The Padres are the home favorite (-204) versus the White Sox (+171). The San Diego Padres will give the start to Yu Darvish (16-7, 3.05 ERA), who is looking for win No. 17 on the season, and the White Sox will counter with Davis Martin (2-5, 4.02 ERA). The game’s over/under is set at 7.
Padres vs. White Sox Predictions
Padres vs. White Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 6-2 record over the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- San Diego is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Chicago has been the underdog twice and lost both contests.
- The White Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago is 1-9-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Yu Darvish
- The Padres have a 15-14-0 record against the spread in Darvish’s starts.
- The Padres have a 13-7 record in Darvish’s 20 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Darvish’s team has compiled an 18-11 record in his 29 starts.
- Darvish has started 29 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Projected starter: Davis Martin
- Martin and his team have yet to cover the spread in any of their 10 chances this season.
- He and his team have lost each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Martin’s team has won two of his seven starts.
- Out of Martin’s 10 starts with a total this season, three have hit the over.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado paces the Padres in home runs (31), runs batted in (100) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .297.
- In MLB play, Machado ranks 15th in home runs and eighth in RBI.
- Machado heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .318 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .243 with 24 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 134 walks.
- Soto ranks 34th in homers and 88th in RBI among batters in baseball.
- Josh Bell is hitting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 76 walks.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .245 with 35 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 71 walks.
- Profar has safely hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .350 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu is batting .306 with 75 RBI, both of which lead Chicago hitters this season.
- Among all batters in the majors, Abreu is 107th in homers and 44th in RBI.
- Abreu has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles and three RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in home runs (17) and runs batted in (75) this season while batting .276.
- Vaughn ranks 82nd among hitters in the majors in homers, and 44th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is slashing .246/.301/.389 this season for the White Sox.
- A.J. Pollock is batting .246 with an OBP of .292 and a slugging percentage of .391 this season.
Where To Watch Padres vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.