The New York Mets begin the season versus the Atlanta Braves on Saturday at 7:20 PM ET, at Truist Park.
The Braves are an underdog (+106 on the moneyline) when they take on the Mets (-126). The Mets will give the ball to Max Scherzer against the Braves and Kyle Wright. The over/under for the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Braves Predictions
Mets vs. Braves Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Braves Hitting Splits 2021
- The Mets hit 99 homers on the road last season (1.2 per game).
- The Mets averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .394 away from home.
- The club averaged 7.9 hits per game and batted .234 on the road last season.
- The Mets’ offense averaged 4.1 runs in road games.
- The Mets had a .307 on-base percentage and averaged 3.1 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 9.1 strikeouts per game.
- In 80 games at home last season, they hit 116 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- In 80 home games last season, they had a .442 SLG with 265 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games last season, they had a .248 AVG with 8.2 base hits per contest.
- They scored 5.1 runs per game last season at home.
- In 80 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .325 with 3.4 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 731 times in 80 games last season, an average of 9.1 per contest.
Mets vs. Braves Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Scherzer
- The Mets are 12-10-0 ATS in Scherzer’s 22 starts that had a set spread.
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite in 21 of Scherzer’s starts this season, and they went 13-8 in those games.
- Scherzer’s team is 14-8 over his 22 starts.
- Scherzer has had 23 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 11 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Kyle Wright
- When Wright starts, his team is 15-14-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 25% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-3.
- Wright’s team is 23-6 when he starts this season.
- In games Wright has started this season, the teams are 10-18-1 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso hit 37 home runs and had 94 runs batted in last season.
- Eduardo Escobar had 26 doubles, five triples, 28 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .253.
- Mark Canha hit .231 last season with 22 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 77 walks.
- Francisco Lindor hit .230 with 16 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 58 walks.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson slugged 39 homers last season while driving in 111 runs.
- Austin Riley posted a .303 average with 33 homers and 107 RBI.
- Robbie Grossman finished with a .239 average, 23 home runs and 67 RBI last season.
- Dansby Swanson collected 146 hits, posted an OBP of .311 and a .449 SLG.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Braves
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.