The Los Angeles Angels (70-86) aim to add to their four-game win streak when they square off against the Texas Rangers (66-89) on Friday at 9:38 PM ET, at Angel Stadium.
The Rangers are an underdog (+145 on the moneyline) when they visit the Angels (-171). The scheduled starters are Reid Detmers (6-6) for the Los Angeles Angels, and Glenn Otto (6-9) for the Texas Rangers. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Angels vs. Rangers Predictions
Angels vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Angels vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles won all of the six games it played as a moneyline favorite in their last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Los Angeles is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Texas has a record of 1-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Texas has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
Angels vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- The Angels have gone 14-10-0 ATS in Detmers’ 24 starts that had a set spread.
- The Angels are 3-7 in Detmers’ 10 starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Detmers’ team has won nine of his 24 starts.
- Detmers’ starts went over the run total 12 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Glenn Otto
- When Otto starts, his team is 13-12-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 7-10 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Otto’s team has won 11 of his 25 starts this season.
- Games started by Otto have an 10-14-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani has racked up a team-high 94 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Ohtani’s home run total ranks 10th and his RBI tally ranks 16th.
- Ohtani has hit safely in 14 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .385 with three doubles and five RBI.
- Mike Trout has shown his power as he leads his team with 38 home runs.
- Trout ranks fourth in home runs among hitters in baseball and 40th in RBI.
- Trout takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Taylor Ward paces the Angels with a team-best batting average of .281.
- Ward has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .444 with a double, two home runs, three walks and two RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 22 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 15 walks while batting .273.
- Rengifo enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .280 with a home run and four RBI.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien is batting .255 with 26 home runs and 82 RBI for Texas this season.
- Semien ranks 34th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Semien takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Corey Seager’s 32 home runs are most among Texas batters. He’s driven in 82 runs this season while slugging .455.
- Seager is 13th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in runs batted in (97) this season. He has a .250 batting average and a .454 slugging percentage.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a batting average of .304. He’s also hit 26 home runs with 74 RBI.
- Lowe has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.