The Houston Astros (102-54) host the Tampa Bay Rays (85-71) to kick off a three-game series at Minute Maid Park, with first pitch at 8:10 PM ET on Friday. The Astros are on the back of a series split with the Diamondbacks, and the Rays a series loss to the Guardians.
The Rays (+147 underdog on the moneyline) are away versus the Astros (-172). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Framber Valdez (16-5), and Drew Rasmussen (10-7) getting the nod for the Tampa Bay Rays. The matchup has an over/under set at 6.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Rays Predictions
Astros vs. Rays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was favored on the moneyline for eight of its last 10 games, and finished 5-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Tampa Bay has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Tampa Bay is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- The Astros have gone 18-11-0 against the spread when Valdez starts.
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline in 26 of Valdez’s starts this season, and they went 19-7 in those games.
- Valdez’s team has won 20 of his 29 starts.
- Valdez has had 29 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 12 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Drew Rasmussen
- Rasmussen and his team are 15-12-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 42.9% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 3-4.
- Rasmussen’s team has won 18 of his 27 starts.
- In games Rasmussen has started this season, the teams are 12-13-2 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 37 home runs and has a team-best batting average of .304.
- Alvarez ranks fifth in homers and 13th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Alvarez has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .357 with four walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .262 with 38 doubles, 22 home runs and 85 walks.
- Bregman currently ranks 49th in homers and 21st in RBI in the bigs.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .295 with 35 doubles, 28 home runs and 65 walks.
- Kyle Tucker’s 104 runs batted in lead his team.
- Tucker has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a .292 batting average. He’s also hit nine homers and has 54 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Diaz ranks 197th in home runs and 120th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .267 this season with a team-high 20 home runs and 88 RBI.
- Arozarena is 61st in homers and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Harold Ramirez has 119 hits this season and a slash line of .308/.352/.417.
- Isaac Paredes’ 20 home runs are most among Tampa Bay batters. He’s driven in 45 runs this season while slugging .453.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.