The Cleveland Guardians start the season versus the Kansas City Royals on Saturday at 6:10 PM ET, at Progressive Field.
The Guardians are favored (-194 moneyline odds) when they host the Royals (+164). The Guardians will start Zach Plesac versus the Royals and Kris Bubic. The game’s over/under is set at 7.5.
Guardians vs. Royals Predictions
Guardians vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Royals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Guardians averaged 1.3 homers per home game last season (102 total at home).
- The Guardians had a .411 slugging percentage and averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averaged 7.6 hits per game and batted .238 at home last season.
- The Guardians averaged 4.2 runs per game at home.
- The Guardians had a .305 on-base percentage and averaged 2.8 walks per game at home.
- At home last season the club averaged 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games last season with 213 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .236 AVG with 8.0 base hits per contest.
- They scored 3.8 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .291 and drew 2.4 walks per game.
- They struck out 8.1 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Guardians vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zach Plesac
- Plesac’s team was never favored on the moneyline a season ago in games he pitched.
Projected starter: Kris Bubic
- Bubic and his team are 9-17-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 22.7% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-17.
- Bubic’s team has won seven of his 26 starts.
- In games Bubic has started this season, the teams are 14-11-1 at hitting the over.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez put up 36 home runs and had 103 runs batted in last season.
- Myles Straw hit .271 with 29 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 67 walks.
- Amed Rosario had 155 hits with a batting average of .282 last season.
- Josh Naylor had 13 doubles, seven home runs and 14 walks while batting .253.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Salvador Perez slugged 48 home runs and collected 121 RBI last season while batting .273.
- Nicky Lopez posted a .300 average with two homers and 43 RBI.
- Hunter Dozier finished with a .216 average, 16 home runs and 54 RBI last season.
- Michael A. Taylor collected 118 hits, posted an OBP of .297 and a .356 SLG.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.