The Tampa Bay Rays (85-70) visit the Cleveland Guardians (87-68) at 6:10 PM ET on Thursday, with both teams hoping to win the series.
The Rays are projected as a close favorite (-113 moneyline odds) against the Guardians (-107). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Jeffrey Springs (9-4), and Cal Quantrill (14-5) answering the bell for the Cleveland Guardians. The contest has an over/under of 7.
Rays vs. Guardians Predictions
Rays vs. Guardians Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay went 2-4 across the six games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rays combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
- Tampa Bay’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Cleveland has a perfect record of 3-0.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- Over its last 10 games, Cleveland is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Rays vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays are 12-11-0 ATS in Springs’ 23 starts that had a set spread.
- The Rays are 13-4 in Springs’ 17 starts this season with Tampa Bay as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Springs’ 23 starts, his team is 17-6.
- Springs’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in six of 23 contests.
Projected starter: Cal Quantrill
- Quantrill and his team are 21-11-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Cleveland has a record of 10-7 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- In games Quantrill has started, his team is 20-10.
- In Quantrill’s 32 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 19 times.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Randy Arozarena paces the Rays in home runs (20) and runs batted in (88).
- In MLB play, Arozarena ranks 61st in homers and 23rd in RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .292 to pace his team.
- Diaz ranks 196th in home runs and 120th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .311 with 24 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks.
- Isaac Paredes’ 20 home runs are a team-high mark.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez is batting .274 this season with a team-high 28 home runs and 119 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Jose Ramirez ranks 24th in homers and third in RBI.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland in batting with a .302 average while slugging six homers and driving in 50 runs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kwan ranks 258th in home runs and 141st in RBI.
- Kwan heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .429 with a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Amed Rosario has collected 174 base hits, an OBP of .313 and a slugging percentage of .407 this season.
- Rosario brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, two triples and three RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has 141 hits and an OBP of .374 to go with a slugging percentage of .479 this season.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.