Andrew Knizner takes a two-game homer streak into the St. Louis Cardinals’ (90-66) game against the Pittsburgh Pirates (59-97) at 8:15 PM ET on Friday, at Busch Stadium.
The Cardinals are a home favorite (-215) against the Pirates (+185). The scheduled starters are Jack Flaherty (1-1) for the St. Louis Cardinals, and Johan Oviedo (4-2) for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The contest has a set total of 7.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Predictions
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was the moneyline favorite in three of its last 10 games, and went 2-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- St. Louis’ ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog three times over its past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- Pittsburgh is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jack Flaherty
- The Cardinals have gone 3-4-0 against the spread when Flaherty starts.
- The Cardinals have a 3-3 record in Flaherty’s six starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Flaherty’s team is 4-3 over his seven starts.
- Flaherty has started seven games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in five of them.
Projected starter: Johan Oviedo
- Oviedo and his team have a record of 2-4-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has won 20% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (1-4).
- Oviedo’s team is 2-4 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Oviedo have a 2-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt has a team-best batting average of .318, and leads the Cardinals in home runs (35) and runs batted in (114).
- Among hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt ranks eighth in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double and two RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .293 with 41 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 51 walks.
- Arenado ranks 18th in home runs and eighth in RBI among batters in MLB play.
- Tommy Edman has 30 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 45 walks while hitting .262.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .280 with 20 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 58 walks.
- Donovan enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .308 with two doubles and four walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .262 with 26 home runs and 60 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Reynolds is 34th in home runs and 94th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 120 hits and an OBP of .317 to go with a slugging percentage of .351 this season.
- Hayes ranks 235th among batters in MLB in homers, and 195th in RBI.
- Hayes heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Ben Gamel has collected 83 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .362 this season.
- Oneil Cruz is batting .231 with an OBP of .285 and a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Cruz has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .435 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.