The Philadelphia Phillies (83-72) will try to snap a five-game losing streak when visiting the Washington Nationals (54-101) at 1:05 PM ET on Friday.
The Phillies are a favorite (-176) against the Nationals (+150). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Philadelphia Phillies looking to Bailey Falter (5-4), and Erick Fedde (6-11) getting the nod for the Washington Nationals. The over/under for this game is 8.5.
Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia went 2-3 across the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Philadelphia’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have failed to hit the over nine times.
- Washington has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Phillies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bailey Falter
- The Phillies have an 8-6-0 record against the spread in Falter’s starts.
- The Phillies have a 6-1 record in Falter’s seven starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Falter’s team is 10-4 over his 14 starts.
- Falter’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in five of 14 contests.
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- Fedde and his team have a record of 14-11-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Washington has a record of 11-12 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Fedde’s team has a 12-13 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Fedde’s 25 starts with a total this season, 12 have hit the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber has put up a team-best 42 home runs and 87 runs batted in.
- Schwarber’s home runs rank second in MLB and he ranks 25th in RBI in MLB.
- Rhys Hoskins has 33 doubles, two triples, 29 home runs and 70 walks while hitting .251.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hoskins ranks 21st in homers and 42nd in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .270 with 24 doubles, five triples, 21 home runs and 41 walks.
- Alec Bohm’s .286 batting average leads his team.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas leads Washington with a batting average of .246. He’s also hit 17 home runs with 52 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Thomas’ home run total is 82nd, and his RBI total is 128th.
- Cesar Hernandez has 133 hits and an OBP of .309 to go with a slugging percentage of .315 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Hernandez ranks 414th in homers and 235th in RBI.
- Luke Voit leads the club in homers (21) and runs batted in (67) this season.
- Voit has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with two doubles and three RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has 105 hits and an OBP of .313 to go with a slugging percentage of .337 this season.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.