Christopher Morel carries a two-game homer streak into the Chicago Cubs’ (69-86) game against the Philadelphia Phillies (83-71) at 2:20 PM ET on Thursday, at Wrigley Field.
The Cubs are an underdog at home (+160) against the Phillies (-190). The starting pitchers are Ranger Suarez (10-5) for the Philadelphia Phillies, and Javier Assad (1-2) for the Chicago Cubs. The contest has an over/under of 8.
Phillies vs. Cubs Predictions
Phillies vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia played as the moneyline favorite for five of its last 10 games, and went 2-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Philadelphia has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Chicago has a record of 7-2.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has seven wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Phillies vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies have a 14-13-0 record against the spread in Suarez’s starts.
- The Phillies have a 9-5 record in Suarez’s 14 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Suarez’s team is 17-10 over his 27 starts.
- Suarez has had 27 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 17 of those outings.
Projected starter: Javier Assad
- Assad’s team is 4-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 75% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-1).
- Assad’s team is 3-3 when he starts this season.
- Games Assad has started this season hit the over one time in six chances.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber has a team-high 42 home runs and 87 runs batted in.
- In MLB action, Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .253 with 33 doubles, two triples, 29 home runs and 69 walks.
- Hoskins ranks 21st in home runs and 42nd in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .272 with 24 doubles, five triples, 21 home runs and 41 walks.
- Alec Bohm has a club-high .288 batting average.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ is batting .270 for Chicago with a team-high 70 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Happ is 82nd in home runs and 58th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .287 average while slugging nine homers and driving in 49 runs.
- Hoerner ranks 196th overall in home runs and 153rd in RBI this season.
- Willson Contreras has 98 hits this season and a slash line of .244/.348/.465.
- Patrick Wisdom’s 25 home runs are most among Chicago batters. He’s driven in 65 runs this season while slugging .431.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.