The New York Mets (98-58) and Atlanta Braves (97-59) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Truist Park, at 7:20 PM ET. The Mets are coming off a series split with the Marlins, and the Braves a series win over the Nationals.
Oddsmakers project the Mets as a small favorite (-115 on the moneyline) against the Braves (-105). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Jacob deGrom (5-3), and Max Fried (13-7) answering the bell for the Atlanta Braves. The over/under for this game is 6.5.
Mets vs. Braves Predictions
Mets vs. Braves Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Braves Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and finished 6-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total eight times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Atlanta has been the underdog just once and lost that contest.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Braves and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Atlanta has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Braves Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jacob deGrom
- The Mets have a 4-6-0 ATS record in deGrom’s 10 starts that had a set spread.
- The Mets have a 6-4 record in deGrom’s 10 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- deGrom’s team is 6-4 over his 10 starts.
- deGrom has had 10 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in three of those outings.
Projected starter: Max Fried
- Fried’s team is 17-12-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has won 66.7% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (4-2).
- Fried’s team has won 19 of his 29 starts this season.
- In games Fried has started this season, the teams are 13-16-0 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has put up a team-best 40 home runs and 131 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Alonso’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .274 with 24 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 36th in homers and sixth in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Lindor takes a 13-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .364 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and nine RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .266 with 28 doubles, seven triples, 14 home runs and 70 walks.
- Jeff McNeil is hitting .320 to pace his team.
- McNeil has hit safely in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .455 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley is batting .275 this season with a team-high 37 home runs.
- Riley’s home run total ranks fifth in MLB, and he is 18th in RBI.
- Matt Olson is a key run producer for Atlanta with a .236 average, 30 homers and 96 RBI.
- Olson ranks 18th in homers and 11th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Olson heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .357 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .276 to lead Atlanta, while adding 22 homers and 92 runs batted in this season.
- Michael Harris II has 121 hits and an OBP of .344 to go with a slugging percentage of .531 this season.
- Harris II heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .364 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Braves
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.