The Milwaukee Brewers (83-72) and Miami Marlins (64-91) square off in the first of a four-game series on Thursday at American Family Field, at 7:40 PM ET. The Brewers are coming off a series split with the Cardinals, and the Marlins a series split with the Mets.
The Marlins are an underdog away (+160) at the Brewers (-180). The starting pitchers are Eric Lauer (10-7) for the Milwaukee Brewers, and Braxton Garrett (3-6) for the Miami Marlins. The total for this game is set at 7.5.
Brewers vs. Marlins Predictions
Brewers vs. Marlins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Brewers vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Milwaukee was the moneyline favorite for six of its last 10 games, and finished 4-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Brewers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Milwaukee’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Miami has been the underdog twice and split those games 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Marlins and their opponents are 4-4-2 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Miami has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Brewers vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Eric Lauer
- The Brewers are 15-12-0 against the spread when Lauer starts.
- The Brewers have been favored on the moneyline in 20 of Lauer’s starts this season, and they went 12-8 in those matchups.
- Lauer’s team is 16-11 in his 27 starts.
- Lauer’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 27 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Braxton Garrett
- Garrett’s team is 7-8-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 3-7.
- Garrett’s team has won seven of his 15 starts this season.
- Games Garrett has started this season hit the over three times in 15 chances.
Brewers Batting Leaders
- Rowdy Tellez leads the Brewers with 34 home runs.
- Tellez ranks 10th in homers and 25th in RBI among all batters in MLB play.
- Willy Adames’ 96 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Adames ranks 15th in home runs and 11th in RBI this year.
- Christian Yelich has put up a team-best batting average of .253.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .239 with 25 doubles, 17 home runs and 51 walks.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami with a batting average of .235. He’s also hit six home runs with 35 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Rojas ranks 258th in homers and 229th in RBI.
- Garrett Cooper leads Miami in runs batted in with 50 while batting .261 with nine homers.
- Cooper is 196th in homers and 141st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Jon Berti is slashing .233/.316/.328 this season for the Marlins.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .246 with an OBP of .289 and a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
- De La Cruz brings a nine-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .462 with seven doubles, three home runs, a walk and 12 RBI.
Where To Watch Brewers vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.