The Los Angeles Angels (69-86) aim to add to their three-game winning streak when they meet the Oakland Athletics (56-99) on Thursday at 9:38 PM ET, at Angel Stadium.
The Angels are favored at home (-252) against the Athletics (+208). The Angels will start Shohei Ohtani (14-8) against the Athletics and Cole Irvin (9-12). The over/under for this game is 7.
Angels vs. Athletics Predictions
Angels vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Angels vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles played six of its last 10 games as the moneyline favorite, and won all of them.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Angels combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
- Los Angeles’ record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Oakland has a record of 4-6.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Angels vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shohei Ohtani
- Last season Ohtani and his team finished 4-6-0 against the spread in games he pitched.
- Ohtani and his team put together a 6-1 record in games he appeared in when they were moneyline favorites a season ago.
- The games he pitched went over the total set by sportsbooks four times in 14 opportunities last season.
Projected starter: Cole Irvin
- Irvin’s team is 13-15-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has been victorious in 37.5% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 9-15.
- Irvin’s team has an 11-17 record in his starts this season.
- Games Irvin has started this season hit the over 12 times in 28 chances.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Ohtani paces the Angels with 93 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Ohtani ranks 10th in homers and 16th in RBI.
- Ohtani has hit safely in 13 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is batting .368 with three doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Mike Trout’s 38 home runs pace his team.
- Trout ranks fourth in home runs and 39th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Taylor Ward paces the Angels with a team-high batting average of .276.
- Ward heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .272 with 22 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 15 walks.
- Rengifo takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with three RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in batting average (.250) and runs batted in (66) this season while also slugging 18 homers.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Murphy ranks 75th in home runs and 72nd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .234 with an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .335 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Kemp ranks 235th in home runs and 168th in RBI.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with 25 and runs batted in with 66.
- Chad Pinder has 80 hits and an OBP of .258 to go with a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.