Jose Abreu leads the Chicago White Sox (76-79) into a matchup against Luis Arraez and the Minnesota Twins (76-79) at Target Field, on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET. Abreu is at .305, the seventh-best average in the league, while Arraez ranks fourth at .313.
A projected close matchup pits the White Sox (-119 on the moneyline) against the Twins (-101). The Chicago White Sox will hand the ball to Lucas Giolito (10-9, 5.05 ERA), who is looking for win No. 11 on the season, and the Twins will counter with Louie Varland (0-2, 5.06 ERA). The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
White Sox vs. Twins Predictions
White Sox vs. Twins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Twins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 2-6 record from the eight games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the White Sox and their opponents combined to go over the total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago has put together a 1-9-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Minnesota has a record of 1-3.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Twins and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Minnesota is 4-6-0 against the spread.
White Sox vs. Twins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lucas Giolito
- The White Sox have an 11-17-0 record against the spread in Giolito’s starts.
- The White Sox have a 9-12 record in Giolito’s 21 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Giolito’s team is 11-17 over his 28 starts.
- Giolito has had 28 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 18 of those outings.
Projected starter: Louie Varland
- Varland’s team is 3-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been defeated in each of the five games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Varland’s team is winless in the three games he’s started this season.
- Games Varland has started this season hit the over three times in five chances.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Abreu leads the White Sox in runs batted in (74) and has a team-high batting average of .305.
- Among hitters in baseball, Abreu ranks 105th in homers and 47th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has shown off his power as he leads his team with 17 home runs and 74 RBI.
- Vaughn ranks 82nd in home runs and 47th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Elvis Andrus has 31 doubles, 14 home runs and 38 walks while hitting .249.
- A.J. Pollock has 25 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 30 walks while batting .247.
- Pollock takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Arraez leads Minnesota with a batting average of .313. He’s also hit eight home runs with 49 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Arraez’s home run total is 213th, and his RBI total is 153rd.
- Arraez takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with a double and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa has collected 143 hits this season and has an OBP of .363. He’s slugging .463 on the year.
- Correa currently is 55th in home runs and 86th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Gio Urshela is slashing .282/.333/.426 this season for the Twins.
- Urshela enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .588 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Jose Miranda leads Minnesota in runs batted in with 66 while batting .275 with 15 homers.
- Miranda has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .476 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Twins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.