The Chicago Cubs (70-86) will attempt to keep a four-game winning streak going when they host the Cincinnati Reds (60-96) at 2:20 PM ET on Friday.
The Reds (+127 underdog moneyline odds to win) visit the Cubs (-149). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago Cubs looking to Adrian Sampson (3-5), and Graham Ashcraft (5-4) getting the nod for the Cincinnati Reds.
Cubs vs. Reds Predictions
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Chicago has not been the moneyline favorite.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Cincinnati is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cubs vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Adrian Sampson
- When Sampson starts, the Cubs have gone 8-9-0 against the spread.
- The Cubs are 1-3 in Sampson’s four starts this season with Chicago as the moneyline favorite.
- Sampson’s team has won nine of his 17 starts.
- Sampson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in four of 17 games.
Projected starter: Graham Ashcraft
- Ashcraft and his team are 10-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 8-3 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Ashcraft’s team is 10-7 when he starts this season.
- In Ashcraft’s 17 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over nine times.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads the Cubs with 71 runs batted in.
- Happ ranks 82nd in homers and 58th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nico Hoerner has a club-leading .285 batting average.
- Hoerner ranks 196th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 153rd in RBI.
- Willson Contreras is hitting .243 with 23 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 42 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom has shown off his power as he paces his team with 25 home runs.
- Wisdom takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer is batting .253 with 14 home runs and 76 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among Cincinnati hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Farmer’s home run total is 121st, and his RBI total is 42nd.
- Farmer has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jonathan India is batting .248 with an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
- India currently ranks 185th in home runs and 210th in RBI in the big leagues.
- TJ Friedl has 53 hits this season and a slash line of .245/.319/.449.
- Jake Fraley has 49 hits and an OBP of .333 to go with a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Fraley takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.