The Pittsburgh Pirates (58-97) aim to sweep the Cincinnati Reds (60-95) on Wednesday at PNC Park, beginning at 12:35 PM ET.
The Pirates are favored (-116) in a projected tight game against the Reds (-103). The starting pitchers are Bryse Wilson (3-9) for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Luis Cessa (4-4) for the Cincinnati Reds. The game’s over/under is 8.
Pirates vs. Reds Predictions
Pirates vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Pirates vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Pittsburgh has a 3-3 record over the six games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Pirates and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
- Pittsburgh’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 3-7.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Reds and their opponents are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Cincinnati is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Pirates vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bryse Wilson
- The Pirates have gone 9-10-0 ATS in Wilson’s 19 starts with a set spread.
- The Pirates were the moneyline favorite for two Wilson starts this season — they split the games.
- Wilson’s team is 9-10 over his 19 starts.
- Wilson’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 19 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Luis Cessa
- Cessa and his team have a record of 3-5-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 3-3.
- Cessa’s team has won four of his eight starts this season.
- In Cessa’s eight starts with a total, the teams have hit the over one time.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with 26 home runs and 60 runs batted in, while putting up a team-best batting average of .264.
- In MLB play, Reynolds ranks 34th in homers and 93rd in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks while batting .247.
- Hayes ranks 234th in home runs and 194th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Hayes enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .233 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 45 walks.
- Gamel brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two walks.
- Oneil Cruz is batting .228 with 11 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 23 walks.
- Cruz heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .348 with a double and a walk.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer is batting .253 with 13 home runs and 74 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Cincinnati hitters this season.
- Farmer’s home run total ranks 132nd in the majors, and he is 46th in RBI.
- Jonathan India has 92 hits and an OBP of .324 to go with a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
- India is 183rd in homers and 209th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- TJ Friedl has 53 hits this season and a slash line of .249/.320/.455.
- Friedl takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Jake Fraley has collected 48 hits this season and has an OBP of .335. He’s slugging .451 on the year.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.