Seiya Suzuki sits at 98 hits, and will look for his 100th when the Chicago Cubs (68-86) meet the Philadelphia Phillies (83-70) at 7:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Cubs play as a home underdog (+160) versus the Phillies (-190). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Philadelphia Phillies looking to Aaron Nola (10-12), and Hayden Wesneski (2-1) getting the nod for the Chicago Cubs. The contest has an over/under of 7.
Phillies vs. Cubs Predictions
Phillies vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia went 2-2 over the four games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
- Philadelphia has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 6-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Phillies vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies have a 12-18-0 record against the spread in Nola’s starts.
- The Phillies are 14-11 in Nola’s 25 starts this season with Philadelphia as the moneyline favorite.
- Nola’s team has a 14-16 record in his starts this season.
- Nola has had 30 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Hayden Wesneski
- Wesneski has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Wesneski’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Wesneski this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber paces the Phillies in home runs (42) and runs batted in (87).
- Among all batters in MLB action, Schwarber’s home run total ranks second and his RBI tally ranks 25th.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .275 with 24 doubles, five triples, 21 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto ranks 54th in home runs and 33rd in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Realmuto takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with an RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .249 with 33 doubles, two triples, 29 home runs and 68 walks.
- Alec Bohm’s .288 batting average is a team-high mark.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 70 and has a batting average of .272.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Happ’s home run total is 81st, and his RBI total is 58th.
- Happ enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .288 average while slugging nine homers and driving in 49 runs.
- Hoerner currently ranks 196th in homers and 153rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Willson Contreras has 98 hits this season and a slash line of .246/.351/.470.
- Contreras heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom’s 25 home runs are most among Chicago batters. He’s driven in 65 runs this season while slugging .431.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.