The New York Mets (97-58) are looking for Francisco Lindor to extend a 12-game hitting streak against the Miami Marlins (64-90) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET, at Citi Field.
The Mets are a home favorite (-196) against the Marlins (+163). The New York Mets will give the start to Taijuan Walker (12-5, 3.53 ERA), who is looking for win No. 13 on the season, and the Marlins will counter with Jesus Luzardo (3-7, 3.57 ERA). The total in the game is set at 7 total runs.
Mets vs. Marlins Predictions
Mets vs. Marlins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 6-3 record from the nine games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total seven times (all 10 games had set totals).
- New York’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Miami has been the underdog just once and won that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Marlins and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Over its last 10 games, Miami is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Mets vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- The Mets have a 13-14-0 ATS record in Walker’s 27 starts with a set spread.
- The Mets have been favored on the moneyline in 17 of Walker’s starts this season, and they went 10-7 in those matchups.
- Walker’s team has compiled a 14-13 record over his 27 starts.
- Walker has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 10 of those outings.
Projected starter: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo and his team have a record of 6-10-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Miami has a record of 2-7 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Luzardo’s team is 3-13 when he starts this season.
- In games Luzardo has started this season, the teams are 6-10-0 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets with 40 home runs and 131 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB, Alonso ranks third in home runs and first in RBI.
- Alonso enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, three home runs, two walks and 10 RBI.
- Lindor is batting .275 with 24 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 36th in homers and sixth in RBI this year.
- Lindor brings a 12-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .372 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and nine RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .268 with 28 doubles, seven triples, 14 home runs and 68 walks.
- Nimmo brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with two walks and two RBI.
- Jeff McNeil’s .319 batting average is a team-high mark.
- McNeil enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami with a batting average of .235. He’s also hit six home runs with 35 RBI.
- Rojas ranks 257th in home runs and 229th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Garrett Cooper leads Miami in runs batted in with 50 while batting .261 with nine homers.
- Among all MLB hitters, Cooper is 196th in home runs and 141st in RBI.
- Jon Berti is slashing .236/.320/.333 this season for the Marlins.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .239 with an OBP of .283 and a slugging percentage of .407 this season.
- De La Cruz brings an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .421 with six doubles, three home runs, a walk and 14 RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.