The Houston Astros (102-53) hope to finish off a sweep of a two-game series versus the Arizona Diamondbacks (71-84), at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Diamondbacks are an away underdog (+159) against the Astros (-189). The starting pitchers are Justin Verlander (17-4) for the Houston Astros, and Zac Gallen (12-3) for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The total for this game is 6.5.
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston played as the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and finished 5-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
- Houston is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Arizona has a record of 2-7.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents are 3-8-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Arizona is 6-5-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- The Astros are 16-10-0 ATS in Verlander’s 26 starts with a set spread.
- The Astros have an 18-6 record in Verlander’s 24 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Verlander’s team has a 19-7 record in his starts this season.
- Verlander’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in five of 26 games.
Projected starter: Zac Gallen
- Gallen and his team are 23-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 68.8% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (11-5).
- Gallen’s team is 18-11 when he starts this season.
- Games Gallen has started this season hit the over 13 times in 30 chances.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has a team-best batting average of .304, and paces the Astros in home runs (37).
- In MLB play, Alvarez ranks fourth in home runs and 11th in RBI.
- Alvarez takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .357 with four walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .263 with 38 doubles, 22 home runs and 84 walks.
- Bregman ranks 48th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 20th in RBI.
- Bregman heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .296 with 35 doubles, 28 home runs and 65 walks.
- Kyle Tucker has totaled 104 runs batted in to lead his team.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker is batting .235 this season with a team-high 36 home runs and 88 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Walker ranks seventh in homers and 22nd in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has 121 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .455 this season.
- Varsho is 30th overall in homers and 53rd in RBI this season.
- Ketel Marte has collected 118 base hits, an OBP of .323 and a slugging percentage of .410 this season.
- Marte enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .211 with two doubles and two walks.
- Josh Rojas leads Arizona with a .263 batting average. He’s also hit eight homers and has 50 RBI.
- Rojas heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with three walks.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.