Ronald Acuna Jr. leads the Atlanta Braves (97-58) into a contest against the Washington Nationals (53-101) a game after homering twice in an 8-2 victory over the Nationals. It starts at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Braves are heavily favored (-223 moneyline odds) when they visit the Nationals (+184). The scheduled starters are Jake Odorizzi (5-6) for the Atlanta Braves, and Josiah Gray (7-10) for the Washington Nationals. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Braves vs. Nationals Predictions
Braves vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta has a 7-2 record from the nine games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Atlanta’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Nationals and their opponents are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Washington is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jake Odorizzi
- The Braves have a 6-14-0 record against the spread in Odorizzi’s starts.
- The Braves are 8-4 in Odorizzi’s 12 starts this season with Atlanta as the moneyline favorite.
- Odorizzi’s team has compiled a 10-10 record in his 20 starts.
- Odorizzi’s starts went over the run total nine times in 20 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- Gray and his team are 15-12-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 43.5% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (10-13).
- Gray’s team is 12-15 when he starts this season.
- In Gray’s 27 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 13 times.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley has hit a team-best 37 homers.
- Among hitters in baseball, Riley ranks fourth in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Matt Olson has racked up 95 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Olson currently ranks 20th in homers and 14th in RBI in the bigs.
- Olson heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Dansby Swanson has accumulated a team-high batting average of .278.
- Michael Harris II has 27 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 19 walks while batting .306.
- Harris II enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in batting average (.248) this season while adding 17 home runs and 52 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Thomas ranks 81st in home runs and 127th in RBI.
- Thomas enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, a home run and an RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 133 hits this season and has an OBP of .308. He’s slugging .315 on the year.
- Hernandez is 413th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 235th in RBI.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs (21) and runs batted in (65) this season while batting .231.
- Nelson Cruz has 105 hits and an OBP of .313 to go with a slugging percentage of .337 this season.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.