Oddsmakers give the Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) the advantage on Sunday, October 2, 2022 against the Houston Texans (0-2-1). Los Angeles is favored by 5 points. The point total is set at 44.5 for the contest.
Chargers vs. Texans Predictions
Chargers vs. Texans Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Chargers and Texans: Betting Trends
- The Chargers have put together a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Chargers have not covered the spread when they are at least 5-point favorites (0-1).
- This season, Chargers games have hit the over once.
- The Chargers have been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they split the two games.
- The Chargers have played as a moneyline favorite of -237 or shorter in only one game this season, which they lost.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Chargers a 70.3% chance to win.
- The Texans have covered the spread twice in three games with a set spread.
- The Texans have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- This year, Texans games have hit the over once.
- This season, the Texans have been listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
- This season, the Texans have been at least a +196 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- This season, Chargers games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 44.5-point over/under twice.
- There has not been a Texans game that has ended with a combined score over 44.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 44.5 is 8.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Chargers (19.3 points per game) and the Texans (16.3 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 47.7 points per game, 3.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Chargers have seen a 50.3 over/under in their games this season, 5.8 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is one point more than the average over/under in Texans’ games this season (43.5 points).
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert is ninth overall among all players and eighth among all QBs with 59.3 fantasy points (19.8 per game).
- Mike Williams has recorded 25.8 fantasy points this year (8.6 per game), enough to place him 79th overall and 26th among WRs in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Austin Ekeler is 100th overall and 32nd among RBs after scoring 21.9 fantasy points (averaging 7.3 per game) so far this season.
- Gerald Everett is working on the 105th-ranked fantasy season (fifth among TEs) with 21 fantasy points, averaging 7 per game.
Texans Players to Watch
- So far this season, Davis Mills is the 58th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 27th-best fantasy QB with 32.5 fantasy points (10.8 per game).
- Dameon Pierce has recorded total 27.7 fantasy points this year (9.2 per game), which make him the 19th-ranked RB and the 74th-ranked player overall.
- O.J. Howard is 12th among TEs and 135th overall after scoring 16.5 fantasy points (averaging 5.5 per game) so far this season.
- Brandin Cooks has put together the 143rd-ranked fantasy season (59th among WRs) with 15.8 fantasy points, averaging 5.3 per game.
Where To Watch Chargers vs. Texans
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.