The Los Angeles Angels (67-86) will look for Shohei Ohtani to prolong an 11-game hitting streak versus the Oakland Athletics (56-97) on Tuesday at 9:38 PM ET, at Angel Stadium.
The Angels are the home favorite (-225) versus the Athletics (+190). The Los Angeles Angels will hand the ball to Patrick Sandoval (6-9, 3.01 ERA), who is looking for win No. 7 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to James Kaprielian (4-9, 4.43 ERA). The total for the game is set at 8 total runs.
Angels vs. Athletics Predictions
Angels vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Angels vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles played as the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and won every time.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Angels combined with their opponents to go over the run total six times.
- Los Angeles’ record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 4-6.
- The Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Angels vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Patrick Sandoval
- When Sandoval starts, the Angels are 8-17-0 against the spread.
- The Angels are 8-5 in Sandoval’s 13 starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Sandoval’s team is 11-14 over his 25 starts.
- Sandoval has started 25 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Projected starter: James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian and his team have a record of 15-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 11-11 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games Kaprielian has started, his team is 12-12.
- In games Kaprielian has started this season, the teams are 10-11-3 at hitting the over.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Ohtani has put up a team-high 93 runs batted in.
- Ohtani ranks 10th in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Ohtani heads into this game on an 11-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .361 with four doubles, two walks and five RBI.
- Mike Trout has hit 37 home runs to pace his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Trout ranks fourth in homers and 40th in RBI.
- Trout takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads the Angels with a team-high batting average of .272.
- Luis Rengifo has 22 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 15 walks while batting .273.
- Rengifo has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .240 with two RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in runs batted in with 66 while batting .253, which is also best on the team.
- In all of MLB, Murphy ranks 75th in homers and 69th in RBI.
- Murphy has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .263 with three doubles and two walks.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs (25) and runs batted in (66) this season while batting .233.
- Brown is 36th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 69th in RBI.
- Brown enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .357 with a double, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Tony Kemp has collected 111 base hits, an OBP of .307 and a slugging percentage of .335 this season.
- Chad Pinder is batting .230 with an OBP of .258 and a slugging percentage of .384 this season.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.