The Atlanta Braves (95-58) and Washington Nationals (53-99) clash in NL East action, on Monday at 7:05 PM ET.
The Nationals are a big underdog (+205 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Braves (-247). The starting pitchers are Bryce Elder (1-3) for the Atlanta Braves, and Cory Abbott (0-3) for the Washington Nationals. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Braves vs. Nationals Predictions
Braves vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was favored on the moneyline in eight of its last 10 games, and went 6-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Atlanta has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Washington has a record of 4-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over just once.
- Washington is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bryce Elder
- The Braves have a 3-4-0 record against the spread in Elder’s starts.
- The Braves have been favored on the moneyline in six of Elder’s starts this season, and they went 3-3 in those games.
- Elder’s team has put together a 3-4 record in his seven starts.
- Elder has started seven contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
Projected starter: Cory Abbott
- When Abbott starts, his team is 4-3-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 1-6 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games Abbott has started, his team is 1-6.
- Games Abbott has started this season hit the over three times in seven chances.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley paces the Braves in home runs (37) and runs batted in (92).
- Riley ranks fourth in home runs and 16th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Dansby Swanson has a club-high 92 runs batted in and .281 batting average.
- Swanson ranks 47th in homers and 16th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Swanson heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .304 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Matt Olson has sent home a team-best 92 runs batted in.
- Michael Harris II is batting .305 with 27 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 19 walks.
- Harris II heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas is batting .248 with 17 home runs and 52 RBI for Washington this season.
- Thomas’ home run total ranks 81st in the majors, and he is 125th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez is batting .249 to lead Washington this season.
- Hernandez ranks 416th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 235th in RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is among the top hitters for Washington with a .234 average, 10 homers and 64 RBI.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 21 and runs batted in with 64.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.