The UAB Blazers (2-1) will meet their C-USA-rival, the Rice Owls (2-1) in a matchup on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Rice Stadium. The Blazers are heavily favored in this contest, with the line sitting at 10 points. An over/under of 52 points has been set for the outing.
UAB vs. Rice Predictions
UAB vs. Rice Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
UAB vs. Rice Betting Trends
- UAB has put together a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Blazers have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 10-point favorites.
- Games involving UAB have yet to hit the over once this season.
- UAB has compiled a 2-1 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- UAB has played as a moneyline favorite of -378 or shorter in only two games this season, and it won both.
- Rice is 3-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Rice has a record of 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
- This season, each Rice game has hit the over.
- Rice has won one of the three games it has played as an underdog this season.
- This season, Rice has won one of its three games when it is the underdog by at least +293 on the moneyline.
UAB vs. Rice: Over/Under Trends
- UAB and its opponents have combined to score more than 52 points in a game twice this season.
- This season, all of Rice’s games have ended with a score higher than 52 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 69 points per game, 17.0 points more than the point total of 52 for this game.
- This game’s over/under is 5.7 fewer points than the 46.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- The Blazers have seen a 56.5 average over/under in their games this season, 4.5 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Owls’ games have a total points bet of 54.6 points this season, 2.6 points more than the over/under for this contest.
UAB Players to Watch
- Dylan Hopkins has 430 passing yards (143.3 ypg) to lead UAB, completing 67.3% of his passes and recording two touchdown passes this season.
- Dewayne McBride has carried the ball 48 times for a team-high 400 yards (133.3 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Jermaine Brown Jr. has piled up 38 carries for 247 yards (82.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tejhaun Palmer’s team-leading 110 receiving yards (36.7 yards per game) have come on eight receptions.
- TJ Jones has put up a 91-yard season so far (30.3 receiving yards per game), hauling in 10 passes.
- Trea Shropshire’s one catch has netted him 56 yards (18.7 ypg).
Rice Players to Watch
- TJ McMahon leads Rice with 976 passing yards (244.0 ypg) on 76-of-119 passing with eight touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season.
- Ari Broussard has carried the ball 60 times for a team-high 160 yards (40.0 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Cameron Montgomery has rushed for 152 yards (38.0 per game) on 19 carries.
- Luke McCaffrey’s team-leading 323 receiving yards (80.8 yards per game) have come on 26 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Bradley Rozner has grabbed 13 passes for 278 yards (69.5 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Isaiah Esdale’s 17 grabs have yielded 219 yards (54.8 ypg).
Where To Watch UAB vs. Rice
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.