The Georgia State Panthers (0-0) will look to upset the South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Williams-Brice Stadium. The Gamecocks are notable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 12.5 points. The over/under is set at 57 in the outing.
South Carolina vs. Georgia State Predictions
South Carolina vs. Georgia State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
South Carolina vs. Georgia State Betting Trends
- South Carolina’s record against the spread last year was 6-6-0.
- As a 12.5-point favorite or greater, the Gamecocks had one win ATS (1-1) last year.
- Out of 13 South Carolina games last year, six hit the over.
- South Carolina won three of the four games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (75%).
- South Carolina played as a moneyline favorite of -500 or shorter in just one game last season, which it won.
- Against the spread, Georgia State was 9-4-0 last season.
- Georgia State had an ATS record of 3-1 as underdogs of 12.5 points or more last year.
- Out of 13 Georgia State games last year, seven hit the over.
- Last season, Georgia State was the underdog five times and won one of those games.
- Georgia State had a record of 1-1 when it was set as an underdog of +366 or more by sportsbooks last season.
South Carolina vs. Georgia State: Over/Under Trends
- South Carolina games finished with more than 57 points times last season.
- Georgia State games had over 57 points times last year.
- Last year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (50.8 points per game) is 6.2 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These teams surrendered a combined 51.1 points per game a season ago, 5.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The over/under in this game is 57 points, 6.9 higher than the average total in Gamecocks games last season.
- Panthers games averaged 56.2 total points last season, 0.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
South Carolina Players to Watch
- Luke Doty’s previous season stat line featured 975 passing yards (75.0 yards per game) while going 86-for-143 (60.1% completion percentage) with five touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Last year, Kevin Harris churned out 667 rushing yards (51.3 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Zaquandre White churned out 583 yards on 88 carries (44.8 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last season. He was also successful in the air, catching 18 passes for 196 yards (15.1 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Josh Vann collected 43 receptions for 668 yards and five touchdowns. He averaged 51.4 yards per game.
- Jaheim Bell produced last year by grabbing 30 passes for 497 yards and five touchdowns. He averaged 38.2 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Nick Muse reeled in 20 passes for 222 yards and two touchdowns, compiling 17.1 receiving yards per game.
Georgia State Players to Watch
- Darren Grainger averaged 131.9 passing yards per outing and completed 19 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added three more touchdowns on 51.9 yards rushing per game.
- Tucker Gregg racked up nine rushing touchdowns on 73.3 yards per game last season.
- Jamyest Williams ran for nine rushing touchdowns on 859 yards a year ago.
- Jamari Thrash collected 417 receiving yards and two touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Roger Carter collected two touchdowns and had 323 receiving yards (24.8 ypg) in 2021.
- Sam Pinckney caught 26 passes on his way to 293 receiving yards and one touchdown a season ago.
Where To Watch South Carolina vs. Georgia State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.