The San Diego State Aztecs (0-0) play the Arizona Wildcats (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Snapdragon Stadium. The Aztecs are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 6 points. An over/under of 46.5 points has been set for the contest.
San Diego State vs. Arizona Predictions
San Diego State vs. Arizona Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
San Diego State vs. Arizona Betting Trends
- Against the spread, San Diego State was 7-6-1 last year.
- The Aztecs had two wins ATS (2-4-1) as a 6-point favorite or more last year.
- In 14 San Diego State games last year, seven of them went over the total.
- San Diego State won eight of the nine games it was favored on the moneyline last season (88.9%).
- San Diego State won all six games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -234 or shorter.
- Arizona’s record against the spread last season was 6-6-0.
- Arizona had an ATS record of 6-4 as underdogs of 6 points or more last season.
- Last year, five of Arizona’s 12 games hit the over.
- Last season, Arizona was the underdog 10 times and won one of those games.
- Arizona played as an underdog of +190 or more twice last season and split those games.
San Diego State vs. Arizona: Over/Under Trends
- In games last year, San Diego State and its opponent combined for more than 46.5 points.
- Arizona’s games finished with over 46.5 points scored times last season.
- Last season, the two teams averaged a combined 44.6 points per contest, 1.9 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Last season, the opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 51.2 points per game, 4.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 46.5 points, 2.1 more than the average point total for Aztecs games a year ago.
- The average total points scored in Wildcats games last year (46.5) is 5.8 points higher than the total for this matchup.
San Diego State Players to Watch
- Lucas Johnson had a passing stat line last year of 1,424 passing yards with a 61.9% completion rate (138-of-223), 12 touchdowns, four interceptions, and an average of 101.7 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 52 carries for 181 yards and one touchdown while averaging 12.9 yards per game.
- Last year, Greg Bell took 247 attempts for 1,098 rushing yards (78.4 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- Chance Bell churned out 343 yards on 71 carries (24.5 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Jesse Matthews grabbed 58 passes for 657 yards (46.9 yards per game). He also found the end zone for nine touchdowns.
- Elijah Kothe tacked on 418 yards on 31 grabs with one touchdown. He averaged 29.9 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Daniel Bellinger hauled in 31 passes for 357 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 25.5 receiving yards per game.
Arizona Players to Watch
- Will Plummer completed 58.5% of his passes to throw for 1,622 yards and six touchdowns last season. Plummer also helped on the ground, collecting two touchdowns on 11.5 yards per game.
- Drake Anderson tallied 380 rushing yards and one touchdown on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Last season Michael Wiley rushed for 23.8 yards per game and averaged 24.8 receiving yards per game . He also scored six touchdowns.
- Stanley Berryhill III piled up 760 receiving yards and one touchdown over the course of 2021.
- Brian Casteel averaged 27.2 receiving yards per game in 2021, scoring one touchdown.
- Dorian Singer caught 18 passes on his way to 301 receiving yards a season ago.
Where To Watch San Diego State vs. Arizona
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.