Big Ten play features the Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) taking on the Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) on Thursday, September 1, 2022 at Ross-Ade Stadium. The Nittany Lions are favored by 3.5 points. The over/under is set at 53.5 in the contest.
Penn State vs. Purdue Predictions
Penn State vs. Purdue Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Penn State vs. Purdue Betting Trends
- Penn State had seven wins in 13 games against the spread last season.
- The Nittany Lions went 5-3 as 3.5-point favorites or more last season.
- Last season, three of Penn State’s 13 games went over the point total.
- Penn State finished 6-2 in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 75% of those games).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -176 or shorter, Penn State had a 3-2 record (winning 75% of its games).
- Purdue’s record against the spread last season was 8-5-0.
- Purdue’s ATS record as an underdog of 3.5 points or greater was 3-3 last season.
- In 13 Purdue games last year, five of them went over the total.
- Purdue was an underdog in seven games last season and won four (57.1%) of those contests.
- Purdue had a record of 2-1 in games where sportsbooks had them as underdogs of at least +147 on the moneyline.
Penn State vs. Purdue: Over/Under Trends
- Penn State games finished with more than 53.5 points times last year.
- Purdue’s games finished with over 53.5 points scored times last year.
- The total for this matchup is 53.5 points, 0.6 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams for last season.
- These teams allowed a combined 39.7 points per game a season ago, 13.8 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- The over/under for this game is 53.5 points, 2.0 more than the average point total for Nittany Lions games a year ago.
- The average total points scored in Boilermakers games last year (53.5) is 0.4 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Penn State Players to Watch
- Sean Clifford put up a passing stat line last year of 3,107 passing yards with a 61% completion rate (261-of-428), 21 touchdowns, eight interceptions, and an average of 239.0 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 97 carries for 172 yards and two touchdowns while averaging 13.2 yards per game.
- Keyvone Lee went to work last year, rushing for 536 yards on 109 carries (41.2 yards per game) and scoring two touchdowns.
- Noah Cain ran for 350 yards on 106 carries (26.9 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Jahan Dotson reeled in 91 catches for 1,182 yards (90.9 ypg). He also scored 12 touchdowns.
- Parker Washington produced last year by catching 64 passes for 820 yards and four touchdowns. He collected 63.1 receiving yards per game.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 521 yards, 34 catches, three touchdowns, and 40.1 yards per game.
Purdue Players to Watch
- Aidan O’Connell averaged 285.5 passing yards per outing and tossed 28 touchdowns last season.
- King Doerue compiled 533 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Zander Horvath ran for three rushing touchdowns on 320 yards a year ago.
- David Bell averaged 98.9 receiving yards and collected six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Milton Wright averaged 56.3 receiving yards per game in 2021, scoring seven touchdowns.
- Jackson Anthrop caught 53 passes on his way to 570 receiving yards and five touchdowns a season ago.
Where To Watch Penn State vs. Purdue
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.