The Ole Miss Rebels (0-0) face the Troy Trojans (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. The Rebels are heavy favorites in this one, with the line posted at 21.5 points. The over/under is set at 58 in the contest.
Ole Miss vs. Troy Predictions
Ole Miss vs. Troy Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Ole Miss vs. Troy Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Ole Miss was 7-5-0 last year.
- The Rebels had one win ATS (1-1) as a 21.5-point favorite or greater last season.
- Ole Miss had three of its 13 games go over the point total last year.
- Ole Miss finished with a 5-1 record in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 83.3% of those games).
- Ole Miss did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -2423 or shorter.
- Against the spread, Troy was 3-8-0 last year.
- There were six Troy games (out of 11) that went over the total last year.
- Last season, Troy was listed as the underdog in six games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Troy was not a bigger underdog last season than the +1086 moneyline set for this game.
Ole Miss vs. Troy: Over/Under Trends
- In games last season, Ole Miss and its opponent combined for more than 58 points.
- Troy games finished with over 58 points only twice last season.
- Last season, the two teams combined to average 1.5 points per game fewer than the total for this matchup (58).
- The over/under for this game is set at 58 points, 7.2 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- The point total average for Rebels games last season was 69.5, 11.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 7.9 points higher than the average scoring total for Trojans games last season (50.1).
Ole Miss Players to Watch
- Matt Corral had a passing stat line last year of 3,338 passing yards with a 67.6% completion rate (259-of-383), 20 touchdowns, five interceptions, and an average of 256.8 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 152 carries for 614 yards and 11 touchdowns while averaging 47.2 yards per game.
- Last year, Jerrion Ealy took 133 carries for 768 rushing yards (59.1 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 32 passes for 218 yards (16.8 receiving yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Snoop Conner racked up 657 rushing yards on 132 carries (50.5 yards per game) and 13 touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Dontario Drummond grabbed 75 passes for 1,023 yards (78.7 yards per game). He also found the end zone for eight touchdowns.
- Braylon Sanders also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He bagged 24 receptions for 549 yards and four touchdowns. He put up 42.2 receiving yards per game.
- Jahcour Pearson’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 392 yards, 26 catches, and 30.2 yards per game.
Troy Players to Watch
- Gunnar Watson averaged 134.4 passing yards per outing and threw eight touchdowns last season.
- Kimani Vidal accumulated 701 rushing yards and five touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- B.J. Smith ran for four rushing touchdowns on 372 yards a year ago.
- Tez Johnson averaged 61.3 yards on 5.6 receptions per game and compiled four receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Luke Whittemore averaged 29.8 receiving yards per game in 2021, scoring one touchdown.
- Deshon Stoudemire averaged 26.9 receiving yards per game a season ago.
Where To Watch Ole Miss vs. Troy
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.