The Texas State Bobcats (0-0) will look to upset the Nevada Wolf Pack (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Mackay Stadium. The Wolf Pack are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 54 points.
Nevada vs. Texas State Predictions
Nevada vs. Texas State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Nevada vs. Texas State Betting Trends
- Nevada was 8-5-0 against the spread last season.
- The Wolf Pack had an ATS record of 3-2 as 3.5-point favorites or more last season.
- Out of 13 Nevada games last season, nine hit the over.
- Nevada was favored on the moneyline six total times last season. They finished 5-1 in those games.
- Nevada won all four games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -169 or shorter.
- Texas State covered the spread seven times in 12 games last year.
- Texas State’s ATS record as an underdog of 3.5 points or more was 4-3 last year.
- Out of 12 Texas State games last year, five went over the total.
- Texas State won three of the nine games it played as underdogs last season.
- Texas State had a record of 1-4 when it was set as an underdog of +141 or more by sportsbooks last season.
Nevada vs. Texas State: Over/Under Trends
- In games last year, Nevada and its opponent combined for more than 54 points.
- Texas State games had over 54 points times last season.
- The total for this matchup is 54 points, 4.8 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams for last season.
- These two teams combined to surrender 59.5 points per game last season, which is 5.5 greater than the total for this matchup.
- The point total average in Wolf Pack games last year was 56.8, 2.8 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
- Last season, Bobcats games resulted in an average scoring total of 57.7, which is 3.7 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Nevada Players to Watch
- Carson Strong’s previous season stat line featured 4,186 passing yards (322.0 yards per game) while going 367-for-524 (70% completion percentage) with 36 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
- Toa Taua went to work last year, rushing for 732 yards on 150 attempts (56.3 yards per game) and scoring six touchdowns. Taua collected 22.8 receiving yards per game with 39 catches for 296 yards and one touchdown as well.
- Devonte Lee collected 331 rushing yards on 85 carries (25.5 yards per game) and five touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Romeo Doubs hauled in 80 catches for 1,109 yards (85.3 ypg). He also scored 11 touchdowns.
- Cole Turner also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 62 receptions for 677 yards and 10 touchdowns. He put up 52.1 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Tory Horton reeled in 52 passes for 659 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 54.9 receiving yards per game.
Texas State Players to Watch
- Brady McBride averaged 125.7 passing yards per outing and completed 12 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added one more touchdown on 11.9 yards on the ground per game.
- Calvin Hill racked up three rushing touchdowns on 59.0 yards per game last season.
- Jahmyl Jeter rushed for 383 yards and eight touchdowns last season.
- Javen Banks averaged 45.4 receiving yards and grabbed five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Marcell Barbee grabbed five touchdowns and had 524 receiving yards (43.7 ypg) in 2021.
- Ashtyn Hawkins played his way to one receiving touchdown and 290 receiving yards (24.2 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch Nevada vs. Texas State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.