The NC State Wolf Pack (0-0) face the East Carolina Pirates (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. The Wolf Pack are notable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 11 points. The over/under is set at 55 in the contest.
NC State vs. East Carolina Predictions
NC State vs. East Carolina Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
NC State vs. East Carolina Betting Trends
- NC State had seven wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- As 11-point favorites or greater, the Wolf Pack went 3-1 against the spread last season.
- Out of 12 NC State games last year, six went over the total.
- NC State finished 8-2 in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 80% of those games).
- NC State won all four games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -431 or shorter.
- East Carolina’s record against the spread last year was 7-5-0.
- East Carolina had one win ATS (1-1) as underdogs of 11 points or greater last year.
- East Carolina had four of its 12 games go over the point total last season.
- East Carolina won three of the eight games it played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, East Carolina was at least a +330 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
NC State vs. East Carolina: Over/Under Trends
- NC State games finished with more than 55 points times last year.
- East Carolina’s games finished with over 55 points scored times last year.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 62.8 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 7.8 points.
- These teams surrendered a combined 46 points per game a season ago, nine fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Wolf Pack games last season posted an average total of 53.9, which is 1.1 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Last season, Pirates games resulted in an average scoring total of 57.4, which is 2.4 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
NC State Players to Watch
- Devin Leary’s previous season stat line featured 3,433 passing yards (286.1 yards per game) while going 283-for-431 (65.7% completion percentage) with 35 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Zonovan Knight went to work last year, rushing for 753 yards on 140 carries (62.8 yards per game) and scoring three touchdowns.
- Ricky Person Jr. ran for 636 yards on 135 carries (53.0 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns last year. Person also made his name known on the passing side of the game with 28 receptions for 240 yards (20.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Emeka Emezie amassed 60 receptions for 802 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 66.8 yards per game.
- Thayer Thomas amassed 596 yards on 51 grabs with eight touchdowns. He averaged 49.7 receiving yards per game last year.
- Devin Carter hauled in 31 passes for 556 yards and six touchdowns, putting up 46.3 yards per game last year.
East Carolina Players to Watch
- Holton Ahlers completed 61.8% of his passes to throw for 3,135 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. Ahlers also helped with his legs, accumulating six touchdowns on 16.6 yards per game.
- Keaton Mitchell averaged 94.3 rushing yards per game and tallied nine rushing touchdowns last year. Mitchell complemented his performance on the ground with 1.8 receptions per game to average 21.4 receiving yards.
- Last season Rahjai Harris rushed for 48.3 yards per game. He also scored five touchdowns.
- Tyler Snead averaged 71.7 receiving yards and grabbed four receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- C.J. Johnson hauled in one touchdown and had 510 receiving yards (42.5 ypg) in 2021.
- Audie Omotosho played his way to three receiving touchdowns and 493 receiving yards (41.1 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch NC State vs. East Carolina
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.