The New Mexico State Aggies (0-0) will look to upset the Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-0) on Thursday, September 1, 2022 at Huntington Bank Stadium. The Golden Gophers are without a doubt the favorites in this one, with the line posted at 36.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 53.5 points.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Predictions
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Betting Trends
- Minnesota was 8-5-0 against the spread last year.
- Last season, six of Minnesota’s 13 games went over the point total.
- Minnesota went 5-2 in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 71.4% of those games).
- Minnesota played as a moneyline favorite of -10000 or shorter in only one game last season, which it lost.
- New Mexico State had seven wins in 12 games against the spread last year.
- New Mexico State was winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 36.5-point underdogs last year.
- Out of 12 New Mexico State games last year, seven hit the over.
- Last season, New Mexico State was listed as the underdog in eight games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, New Mexico State was at least a +2400 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State: Over/Under Trends
- Minnesota’s games had more than 53.5 points scored on occasions last season.
- New Mexico State games had over 53.5 points times last year.
- Last year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (48.1 points per game) is 5.4 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These two teams allowed a combined 57.7 points per game a year ago, 4.2 higher than the total for this matchup.
- The over/under in this game is 53.5 points, 5.8 higher than the average total in Golden Gophers games last season.
- The average total points scored in Aggies games last year (53.5) is 6.4 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Minnesota Players to Watch
- Last season, Tanner Morgan had 2,044 yards (157.2 yards per game), a 59.6% completion percentage (149-of-250), 10 touchdowns, and nine interceptions.
- Last year, Ky Thomas picked up 824 rushing yards (63.4 yards per game) and six touchdowns.
- Mar’Keise Irving put up 699 rushing yards on 133 carries (53.8 yards per game) and four touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Chris Autman-Bell grabbed 36 passes for 506 yards (38.9 yards per game). He also found the end zone for six touchdowns.
- Mike Brown-Stephens also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He bagged 23 receptions for 392 yards and one touchdown. He averaged 30.2 receiving yards per game.
- Dylan Wright grabbed 18 passes for 365 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 28.1 yards per game last year.
New Mexico State Players to Watch
- Jonah Johnson completed 58.7% of his passes to throw for 2,702 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. Johnson also helped on the ground, collecting four touchdowns on 14.7 yards per game.
- Juwuan Price racked up 10 rushing touchdowns on 55.8 yards per game last season.
- Last season O’Maury Samuels rushed for 18.7 yards per game. He also scored one touchdown.
- Jared Wyatt averaged 52.4 receiving yards and collected three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda collected four touchdowns and had 567 receiving yards (47.3 ypg) in 2021.
- Andre Bodison caught 31 passes on his way to 390 receiving yards a season ago.
Where To Watch Minnesota vs. New Mexico State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.