A matchup of ACC teams features the Louisville Cardinals (0-0) taking on the Syracuse Orange (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at the JMA Wireless Dome. The Cardinals are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 4 points. The over/under is set at 57 in the outing.
Louisville vs. Syracuse Predictions
Louisville vs. Syracuse Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Louisville vs. Syracuse Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Louisville was 6-6-0 last year.
- As a 4-point favorite or more, the Cardinals had two wins ATS (2-1) last year.
- Last year, six of Louisville’s 13 games hit the over.
- Louisville was the moneyline favorite six total times last season. They finished 4-2 in those games.
- Louisville played as a moneyline favorite of -182 or shorter in just two games last season, and it won both.
- Syracuse had eight wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- Syracuse had an ATS record of 4-2 as underdogs of 4 points or more last year.
- Out of 12 Syracuse games last year, five went over the total.
- Syracuse won two of the nine games it played as underdogs last season.
- Syracuse had a record of 0-5 in games where bookmakers had them as underdogs of at least +152 on the moneyline.
Louisville vs. Syracuse: Over/Under Trends
- In games last year, Louisville and its opponent combined to score more than 57 points.
- Syracuse’s games went over 57 points on occasions last season.
- Last season, the two teams averaged a combined 56.5 points per contest, 0.5 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The total for this game is 57 points, 3.4 higher than the combined points allowed for these two teams last season.
- The over/under in this matchup is 57 points, 2.4 fewer than the average total in last season’s Cardinals contests.
- Games involving the Orange last year averaged 51.3 points per game, a 5.7-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Louisville Players to Watch
- Last season, Micale Cunningham put up 2,940 passing yards (226.2 yards per game), a 62% completion percentage (209-of-337), 19 touchdowns, and six interceptions. He also added 1,031 rushing yards on 173 carries with 20 rushing touchdowns (averaging 79.3 yards per game).
- Jalen Mitchell collected 722 rushing yards on 155 carries (55.5 yards per game) and five touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Marshon Ford grabbed 49 passes for 550 yards (42.3 yards per game). He also found the end zone for two touchdowns.
- Tyler Harrell also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 18 receptions for 523 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 40.2 receiving yards per game.
- Ahmari Huggins-Bruce’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 443 yards, 29 catches, four touchdowns, and 34.1 yards per game.
Syracuse Players to Watch
- Garrett Shrader tossed nine touchdowns and four interceptions while accumulating 1,445 yards by the end of last campaign (120.4 ypg). He also contributed 14 touchdowns on 65.1 rushing yards per game.
- Sean Tucker racked up 12 rushing touchdowns on 124.7 yards per game last year. Tucker was also efficient in the passing game, accumulating 20 catches and two touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Courtney Jackson collected 389 receiving yards and three touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Damien Alford averaged 20.8 receiving yards per game a season ago.
Where To Watch Louisville vs. Syracuse
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.