The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (0-0) will look to upset the Liberty Flames (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at M.M. Roberts Stadium. The Flames are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 49.5 points.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Predictions
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Liberty vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Liberty had six wins in 13 games against the spread last year.
- The Flames went 5-5 as 3.5-point favorites or more last season.
- There were five Liberty games (out of 13) that hit the over last year.
- Liberty won five of the nine games it was favored on the moneyline last season (55.6%).
- Liberty had a 0-1 record last year (winning 50% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -166 or shorter.
- Southern Miss had four wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- As 3.5-point underdogs or greater, Southern Miss had two wins ATS (2-5) last season.
- Out of 12 Southern Miss games last season, four hit the over.
- Southern Miss was an underdog in seven games last season and won one (14.3%) of those contests.
- Last season, Southern Miss won one of its seven games when it was the underdog by at least +139 on the moneyline.
Liberty vs. Southern Miss: Over/Under Trends
- Liberty’s games had more than 49.5 points scored on occasions last season.
- Last year, Southern Miss games featured over 49.5 points scored.
- The Flames and Golden Eagles combined to average 51.3 points per contest last season, which is 1.8 more than the total for this game.
- The over/under for this game is set at 49.5 points, 0.1 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- The over/under in this matchup is 49.5 points, 7.3 fewer than the average total in last season’s Flames contests.
- The over/under for this game is 0.3 points higher than the average scoring total for Golden Eagles games last season (49.2).
Liberty Players to Watch
- Malik Willis put together an impressive passing stat line last year with 2,857 yards (219.8 yards per game), going 207-for-339 (61.1% completion percentage) with 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He was effective in the running game as well, with 878 rushing yards on 197 carries, 13 rushing touchdowns, and 67.5 rushing yards per game.
- T.J. Green ran for 477 yards on 75 carries (36.7 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Demario Douglas picked up 52 receptions for 706 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 54.3 yards per game.
- CJ Daniels produced last year by grabbing 37 passes for 629 yards and seven touchdowns. He averaged 48.4 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Kevin Shaa hauled in 28 passes for 516 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 39.7 receiving yards per game.
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- Jake Lange completed 57.7% of his passes to throw for 843 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Frank Gore Jr. tallied 801 rushing yards and five touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Dajon Richard ran for two rushing touchdowns on 447 yards a year ago.
- Jason Brownlee averaged 53.6 receiving yards and grabbed eight receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Jakarius Caston caught 16 passes last season on his way to 239 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Demarcus Jones caught 22 passes on his way to 185 receiving yards and two touchdowns a season ago.
Where To Watch Liberty vs. Southern Miss
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.