A matchup of Big Ten teams features the Indiana Hoosiers (0-0) taking on the Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) on Friday, September 2, 2022 at Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN). The Hoosiers are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. The over/under for the contest is 46.5 points.
Indiana vs. Illinois Predictions
Indiana vs. Illinois Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Indiana vs. Illinois Betting Trends
- Indiana had two wins against the spread last year.
- The Hoosiers won once ATS (1-2) as a 3-point favorite or more last year.
- There were seven Indiana games (out of 12) that hit the over last year.
- Indiana was listed as the moneyline favorite only two times last season, and it split the games.
- Indiana played as a moneyline favorite of -157 or shorter in only two games last season, and it split them 1-1.
- Against the spread, Illinois was 7-5-0 last year.
- Illinois had an ATS record of 6-2 as underdogs of 3 points or greater last year.
- In 12 Illinois games last season, four of them went over the total.
- Illinois won three of the nine games it played as underdogs last season.
- Illinois was 3-4 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +132 or more on the moneyline.
Indiana vs. Illinois: Over/Under Trends
- A total of times last season, Indiana and its opponent combined for more than 46.5 points.
- Illinois’ games went over 46.5 points on occasions last year.
- Last year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (37.5 points per game) is 9.0 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These two teams yielded a combined 55.2 points per game a year ago, 8.7 higher than the total for this matchup.
- The over/under in this matchup is 46.5 points, 4.3 fewer than the average total in last season’s Hoosiers contests.
- The average total points scored in Fighting Illini games last year (46.5) is 2.5 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Indiana Players to Watch
- Last season, Michael Penix Jr. recorded 939 yards (78.3 yards per game), a 53.7% completion percentage (87-of-162), four touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Last year, Stephen Carr churned out 600 rushing yards (50.0 yards per game) and six touchdowns.
- Davion Ervin-Poindexter ran for 226 yards on 44 carries (18.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown last year.
- In the previous season, Peyton Hendershot amassed 45 receptions for 537 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 44.8 yards per game.
- Ty Fryfogle also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He bagged 46 receptions for 512 yards and one touchdown. He produced 42.7 receiving yards per game.
- Miles Marshall reeled in 22 passes for 311 yards, averaging 25.9 yards per game last year.
Illinois Players to Watch
- Brandon Peters averaged 97.5 passing yards per outing and completed seven touchdowns last season.
- Chase Brown tallied 1,008 rushing yards and five touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Josh McCray ran for two rushing touchdowns on 549 yards a year ago.
- Isaiah Williams collected 525 receiving yards and four touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Casey Washington had 294 receiving yards (24.5 ypg) in 2021.
- Daniel Barker averaged 16.8 receiving yards per game a season ago.
Where To Watch Indiana vs. Illinois
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.