The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (0-0) play the Army Black Knights (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Brooks Stadium. The spread predicts a close game, with the Chanticleers favored by 2.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 53.5 points.
Coastal Carolina vs. Army Predictions
Coastal Carolina vs. Army Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Coastal Carolina vs. Army Betting Trends
- Coastal Carolina was 5-7-0 against the spread last year.
- The Chanticleers had an ATS record of 5-7-1 as 2.5-point favorites or greater last season.
- Out of 13 Coastal Carolina games last season, five hit the over.
- Coastal Carolina finished 9-2 in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 81.8% of those games).
- In games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -139 or shorter, Coastal Carolina had a record of 5-2 (80%).
- Army had six wins in 13 games against the spread last season.
- Army went 3-1 as underdogs of 2.5 points or more last season.
- Last season, five of Army’s 13 games went over the point total.
- Last season, Army won three out of the five games in which it was the underdog.
- Army had a record of 3-0 when it was set as an underdog of +116 or more by oddsmakers last season.
Coastal Carolina vs. Army: Over/Under Trends
- A total of times last year, Coastal Carolina and its opponent combined for more than 53.5 points.
- Army’s games went over 53.5 points on occasions last season.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 73.7 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 20.2 points.
- The over/under for this game is set at 53.5 points, 9.6 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- The over/under in this matchup is 53.5 points, 5.5 fewer than the average total in last season’s Chanticleers contests.
- Black Knights games averaged 48.6 total points last season, 4.9 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Coastal Carolina Players to Watch
- Grayson McCall’s previous season stat line featured 2,873 passing yards (221.0 yards per game) while going 176-for-241 (73% completion percentage) with 27 touchdowns and three interceptions. He also rushed for 287 yards on 92 carries with four rushing touchdowns, averaging 22.1 yards per game.
- Shermari Jones went to work last year, rushing for 1,044 yards on 159 attempts (80.3 yards per game) and scoring 13 touchdowns.
- Braydon Bennett ran for 625 yards on 73 carries (48.1 ypg), with seven rushing touchdowns last year. Bennett also made his name known on the passing side of the game with 24 receptions for 295 yards (22.7 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Jaivon Heiligh grabbed 66 passes for 1,128 yards (86.8 yards per game). He also found the end zone for seven touchdowns.
- Isaiah Likely also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 59 receptions for 912 yards and 12 touchdowns. He averaged 70.2 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Kameron Brown grabbed 36 passes for 605 yards and five touchdowns, compiling 46.5 receiving yards per game.
Army Players to Watch
- Danny Joiner rushed for 0 yards last season.
Where To Watch Coastal Carolina vs. Army
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.