The BYU Cougars (0-0) play the South Florida Bulls (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Raymond James Stadium. The Cougars are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 12 points. The over/under for the outing is 58 points.
BYU vs. South Florida Predictions
BYU vs. South Florida Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
BYU vs. South Florida Betting Trends
- BYU was 5-8-0 against the spread last year.
- As a 12-point favorite or greater, the Cougars had one win ATS (1-3) last season.
- Out of 13 BYU games last season, six hit the over.
- BYU was favored on the moneyline nine total times last season. They went 7-2 in those games.
- BYU won all three games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -442 or shorter.
- Against the spread, South Florida was 7-5-0 last season.
- South Florida went 5-2 as underdogs of 12 points or more last season.
- There were six South Florida games (out of 12) that hit the over last year.
- Last season, South Florida was listed as the underdog in 10 games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, South Florida was at least a +333 underdog on the moneyline seven times, losing each of those contests.
BYU vs. South Florida: Over/Under Trends
- A total of times last season, BYU and its opponent combined for more than 58 points.
- Last year, South Florida games featured over 58 points scored.
- Last season, the two teams averaged a combined 56.3 points per contest, 1.7 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Last season, the opponents of these two teams posted a combined 59.5 points per game, 1.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The over/under in this game is 58 points, 1.1 higher than the average total in Cougars games last season.
- Games involving the Bulls last year averaged 57.5 points per game, a 0.5-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
BYU Players to Watch
- Last season, Jaren Hall put up 2,583 passing yards (198.7 yards per game), a 63.9% completion percentage (189-of-296), 20 touchdowns, and five interceptions. He also added 307 rushing yards on 62 carries with three rushing touchdowns (averaging 23.6 yards per game).
- Last year, Tyler Allgeier picked up 1,596 rushing yards (122.8 yards per game) and 23 touchdowns. In the receiving game, he made 28 catches for 199 yards (15.3 yards per game).
- In the previous season, Puka Nacua picked up 43 receptions for 805 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 61.9 yards per game.
- Gunner Romney amassed 594 yards on 34 grabs with three touchdowns. He averaged 45.7 receiving yards per game last year.
- Neil Pau’u’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 526 yards, 46 catches, six touchdowns, and 40.5 yards per game.
South Florida Players to Watch
- Timmy McClain completed 55.3% of his passes to throw for 1,888 yards and five touchdowns last season. McClain also helped on the ground, collecting four touchdowns on 19.8 yards per game.
- Jaren Mangham racked up 15 rushing touchdowns on 55.9 yards per game last season.
- Last season Kelley Joiner Jr. rushed for 40.0 yards per game. He also scored two touchdowns.
- Xavier Weaver averaged 59.6 receiving yards and racked up two receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Jimmy Horn Jr. caught 30 passes last season on his way to 408 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Omarion Dollison averaged 18.2 receiving yards per game a season ago.
Where To Watch BYU vs. South Florida
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.