The Boston College Eagles (0-0) square off against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 7 points. The over/under in this contest is 48 points.
Boston College vs. Rutgers Predictions
Boston College vs. Rutgers Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Boston College vs. Rutgers Betting Trends
- Boston College was 5-6-0 against the spread last year.
- As a 7-point favorite or more, the Eagles had two wins ATS (2-1) last year.
- Boston College had three of its 12 games hit the over last season.
- Boston College was favored on the moneyline four total times last season. They finished 3-1 in those games.
- Boston College played as a moneyline favorite of -305 or shorter in only one game last season, which it won.
- Rutgers’ record against the spread last year was 5-6-0.
- As a 7-point underdog or more, Rutgers had one win ATS (1-4) last year.
- Last year, four of Rutgers’ 11 games hit the over.
- Rutgers won one of the seven games it played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, Rutgers was at least a +238 underdog on the moneyline five times, losing each of those contests.
Boston College vs. Rutgers: Over/Under Trends
- Boston College and its opponent topped the 48-point mark times last season.
- There were Rutgers games last season with more than 48 points scored.
- Last year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (44.4 points per game) is 3.6 fewer than the total for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is set at 48 points, 0.2 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- The point total average in Eagles games last year was 54.8, 6.8 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
- Scarlet Knights games averaged 47.2 total points last season, 0.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Boston College Players to Watch
- Last season, Dennis Grosel put together 1,191 yards (99.3 yards per game), a 57.4% completion percentage (109-of-190), six touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Pat Garwo III went to work last year, rushing for 1,046 yards on 204 carries (87.2 yards per game) and scoring seven touchdowns.
- Alec Sinkfield racked up 350 yards on 85 carries (29.2 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Zay Flowers grabbed 44 passes for 746 yards (62.2 yards per game). He also found the end zone for five touchdowns.
- Trae Barry also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 21 receptions for 362 yards and four touchdowns. He produced 30.2 receiving yards per game.
- Jaelen Gill grabbed 24 passes for 269 yards and one touchdown, putting up 22.4 yards per game last year.
Rutgers Players to Watch
- Noah Vedral completed 59.7% of his passes to throw for 1,817 and seven touchdowns last season. Vedral also contributed in the run game, accumulating two touchdowns on 22.0 yards per game.
- Isaih Pacheco accumulated 650 rushing yards and five touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Bo Melton racked up 614 receiving yards and three touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Shameen Jones averaged 26.1 receiving yards per game in 2021.
- Aron Cruickshank averaged 18.8 receiving yards per game a season ago.
Where To Watch Boston College vs. Rutgers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.