The North Carolina Tar Heels (0-0) will look to upset the Appalachian State Mountaineers (0-0) on Saturday, September 3, 2022 at Kidd Brewer Stadium. The line foreshadows a close game, with the Mountaineers favored by 1 points. The over/under is set at 55.5 in the outing.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Predictions
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina Betting Trends
- Appalachian State had eight wins in 14 games against the spread last year.
- As 1-point favorites or greater, the Mountaineers went 6-6 against the spread last year.
- Out of 14 Appalachian State games last season, six went over the total.
- Appalachian State won eight of the 11 games it was favored on the moneyline last season (72.7%).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -111 or shorter, Appalachian State had an 7-2 record (winning 72.7% of its games).
- North Carolina beat the spread five times in 13 games last year.
- As a 1-point underdog or greater, North Carolina had one win ATS (1-2) last season.
- In 13 North Carolina games last year, eight of them went over the total.
- Last season, North Carolina was listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
- North Carolina entered four games last season as the underdog by -109 or more and were 0-2 in those contests.
Appalachian State vs. North Carolina: Over/Under Trends
- A total of times last year, Appalachian State and its opponent combined for more than 55.5 points.
- North Carolina’s games finished with over 55.5 points scored times last year.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 69.7 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 14.2 points.
- The over/under for this game is set at 55.5 points, 1.3 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- The point total average for Mountaineers games last season was 57.1, 1.6 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total points scored in Tar Heels games last year (55.5) is 10.5 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Appalachian State Players to Watch
- Chase Brice recorded a passing stat line last year of 3,339 passing yards with a 61.9% completion rate (242-of-391), 27 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, and an average of 238.5 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 71 carries for 151 yards and three touchdowns while averaging 10.8 yards per game.
- Nate Noel went to work last year, rushing for 1,124 yards on 199 attempts (80.3 yards per game) and scoring four touchdowns.
- Camerun Peoples racked up 926 rushing yards on 166 carries (66.1 yards per game) and 14 touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Corey Sutton hauled in 61 catches for 904 yards (64.6 ypg). He also scored seven touchdowns.
- Thomas Hennigan amassed 823 yards on 60 grabs with six touchdowns. He averaged 58.8 receiving yards per game last year.
- Malik Williams reeled in 52 passes for 819 yards and seven touchdowns, putting up 58.5 yards per game last year.
North Carolina Players to Watch
- Sam Howell completed 62.5% of his passes to throw for 3,056 and 24 touchdowns last season. Howell also contributed on the ground, accumulating 11 touchdowns on 63.7 yards per game.
- Ty Chandler compiled 1,092 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground in addition to 216 receiving yards and one touchdown through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Josh Downs collected 1,335 receiving yards and eight touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Antoine Green caught 31 passes last season on his way to 612 yards and five receiving touchdowns.
- Emery Simmons played his way to one receiving touchdown and 243 receiving yards (22.1 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch Appalachian State vs. North Carolina
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.