The Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0) face the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (0-0) on Saturday, August 27, 2022 at the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex. The Commodores are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 8 points. The over/under for the outing is 53.5 points.
Vanderbilt vs. Hawaii Predictions
Vanderbilt vs. Hawaii Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Vanderbilt vs. Hawaii Betting Trends
- Vanderbilt was 6-5-0 against the spread last year.
- The Commodores were winless ATS (0-2) when playing as at least 8-point favorites last year.
- There were five Vanderbilt games (out of 12) that went over the total last season.
- Vanderbilt was the moneyline favorite only one time last season, a game it won.
- Vanderbilt played as a moneyline favorite of -321 or shorter in only two games last season, and it split them 1-1.
- Hawaii’s record against the spread last year was 5-6-1.
- As 8-point underdogs or greater, Hawaii went 3-3 against the spread last season.
- There were five Hawaii games (out of 12) that went over the total last season.
- Hawaii was an underdog in nine games last season and won three (33.3%) of those contests.
- Hawaii was 2-1 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +254 or more on the moneyline.
Vanderbilt vs. Hawaii: Over/Under Trends
- In games last season, Vanderbilt and its opponent combined to score more than 53.5 points.
- Hawaii’s games went over 53.5 points on occasions last season.
- Last season, the two teams combined to average 8.9 points per game fewer than the total for this matchup (53.5).
- Last season, the opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 67.2 points per game, 13.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The point total average in Commodores games last year was 55.8, 2.3 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total points scored in Rainbow Warriors games last year (53.5) is 6.3 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Vanderbilt Players to Watch
- Ken Seals’ previous season stat line featured 1,181 passing yards (98.4 yards per game) while going 127-for-224 (56.7% completion percentage) with five touchdowns and eight interceptions.
- Last year, Rocko Griffin churned out 517 rushing yards (43.1 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Michael Wright put up 374 rushing yards on 90 carries (31.2 yards per game) and one touchdown last season.
- In the previous season, Chris Pierce hauled in 57 catches for 654 yards (54.5 ypg). He also scored two touchdowns.
- Will Sheppard produced last year by grabbing 43 passes for 577 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 48.1 receiving yards per game.
- Cam Johnson’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 327 yards, 34 catches, four touchdowns, and 27.3 yards per game.
Hawaii Players to Watch
- Chevan Cordeiro tossed 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions while collecting 2,793 yards by the end of last season (214.8 ypg). He also contributed three touchdowns on 26.3 rushing yards per game.
- Dedrick Parson tallied 618 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground in addition to 279 receiving yards and one touchdown through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Nick Mardner racked up 913 receiving yards and five touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Calvin Turner Jr. caught 73 passes last season on his way to 876 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Jared Smart grabbed 26 passes on his way to 414 receiving yards and two touchdowns a season ago.
Where To Watch Vanderbilt vs. Hawaii
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.