Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Wednesday will see the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins face off, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The Penguins are up 3-1. The Rangers are the favorite (-135) in this decisive game against the Penguins (+113).
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- In the 51 times this season the Rangers have been favored on the moneyline, they have gone 34-17 in those games.
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -135 or shorter, New York is 27-11 (winning 71.1% of the time).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Rangers have an implied probability of 57.4% to win.
- The Rangers’ 250 total goals (3.0 per game) make them the 15th-ranked scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Rangers are one of the stingiest units in league play, conceding 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game) to rank second.
- The Penguins have secured an upset victory in 14, or 53.8%, of the 26 games they have played while the underdog this season.
- Pittsburgh has gone 6-6 when oddsmakers have listed them as underdogs of +113 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 269 goals (3.3 per game), the Penguins have the league’s 11th-ranked offense.
- The Penguins have one of the top defenses in the league, allowing 222 total goals (2.7 per game), fourth in the NHL.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent have hit the over on this game’s total (6 goals) 41 times this season.
- A total of 52 of Pittsburgh’s games have finished with more than 6 goals this season.
- The over/under for this game (6) is 0.3 less than the combined scoring averages for the Rangers (3.05) and Penguins (3.28).
- These two teams allow a combined 5.2 goals per game, 0.8 less than this one’s over/under.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals allowed
Penguins Team Leaders
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 44 assists
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Kris Letang: 10 goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals given up
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.