Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Wednesday, May 11 will see the Calgary Flames hosting the Dallas Stars at Scotiabank Saddledome at 9:30 PM ET. The series is tied 2-2. The Flames are the favorite (-222) in this game against the Stars (+179).
Flames vs. Stars Predictions
Flames vs. Stars Betting Odds
Flames vs. Stars Betting Trends
- The Flames have gone 45-26 this season when favored on the moneyline.
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -222 or shorter, Calgary has compiled a 17-8 record (winning 68.0% of its games).
- The Flames’ implied moneyline win probability is 68.9% in this contest.
- The Flames’ 291 total goals (3.6 per game) make them the sixth-best scoring team in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Flames are one of the stingiest units in NHL action, conceding 206 total goals (2.5 per game) to rank third.
- The Stars have claimed an upset victory in 16, or 44.4%, of the 36 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- Dallas has gone 3-4 when bookmakers have made them underdogs of +179 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Stars’ 233 goals on the season (2.8 per game) rank them 21st in the NHL.
- The Stars give up 3.0 goals per game (244 in total), 14th in the league.
Flames vs. Stars Over/Under Trends
- This season, Calgary and its opponent have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 5.5 goals 51 times.
- There have been 39 Dallas games with over 5.5 goals this season.
- The Flames score 3.55 goals per game, compared to the Stars’ average of 2.84, adding up to 0.9 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 5.5.
- The 5.5 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.0 less than the total set for this contest.
Flames Team Leaders
- Johnny Gaudreau: 40 goals and 75 assists
- Matthew Tkachuk: 42 goals and 62 assists
- Elias Lindholm: 42 goals and 40 assists
- Jacob Markstrom: 37-15-9 record, .922 save percentage, 137 goals conceded
Stars Team Leaders
- Joe Pavelski: 27 goals and 53 assists
- Jason Robertson: 41 goals and 38 assists
- Roope Hintz: 37 goals and 35 assists
- Jake Oettinger: 30-15-1 record, .914 save percentage, 114 goals conceded
Where To Watch Flames vs. Stars
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.