Friday’s NHL play includes the Pittsburgh Penguins (45-25-11) hosting the Columbus Blue Jackets (36-37-7) at PPG Paints Arena. The Blue Jackets are big underdogs (+266 on the moneyline) against the Penguins (-345) ahead of the game, which starts at 7:00 PM ET.
Penguins vs. Blue Jackets Predictions
Penguins vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds
Penguins vs. Blue Jackets Betting Trends
- The Penguins have gone 35-24 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- Pittsburgh is 2-1 (winning 66.7% of its games) when it has played with moneyline odds of -345 or shorter.
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Penguins’ implied win probability is 77.5%.
- The Penguins’ 264 total goals (3.3 per game) rank 11th in the NHL.
- The Penguins have given up 219 total goals (2.7 per game), ranking fifth in league play for the fewest goals against.
- The Blue Jackets have secured an upset victory in 25, or 37.3%, of the 67 games they have played while the underdog this season.
- Columbus has a record of 1-4 in games when bookmakers list them +266 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jackets have 250 goals this season (3.1 per game), 14th in the NHL.
- The Blue Jackets allow 3.6 goals per game (290 in total), 27th in the league.
Penguins vs. Blue Jackets Over/Under Trends
- Pittsburgh and its opponent have hit the over on this game’s total (6 goals) 45 times this season.
- There have been 56 Columbus games with over 6 goals this season.
- The over/under for this game (6) is 0.4 less than the combined scoring averages for the Penguins (3.26) and Blue Jackets (3.13).
- These two teams are allowing a combined 6.3 goals per game, 0.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 43 assists
- Kris Letang: nine goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals conceded
Blue Jackets Team Leaders
- Jakub Voracek: five goals and 54 assists
- Patrik Laine: 26 goals and 30 assists
- Oliver Bjorkstrand: 26 goals and 28 assists
- Elvis Merzlikins: 26-22-7 record, .906 save percentage, 174 goals conceded
Where To Watch Penguins vs. Blue Jackets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.