Thursday’s NHL matchup between the Washington Capitals (44-24-12) and the New York Islanders (36-34-10) at UBS Arena sees the Capitals as road favorites (-135 moneyline odds to win) against the Islanders (+113). The game begins at 7:00 PM ET.
Capitals vs. Islanders Predictions
Capitals vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Capitals vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- The Capitals have won 55.8% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (29-23).
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -135 or shorter, Washington has compiled a 21-17 record (winning 55.3% of its games).
- The Capitals have a 57.4% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this contest.
- The Capitals score the 10th-most goals in the league (267 total, 3.3 per game).
- The Capitals have conceded 234 total goals (2.9 per game), ranking 13th in NHL play in goals against.
- The Islanders have been an underdog in 37 games this season, with eight upset wins (21.6%).
- New York has gone 5-18 when oddsmakers have made them underdogs of +113 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Islanders’ 221 goals on the season (2.8 per game) rank them 25th in the league.
- The Islanders have one of the best defenses in the league, conceding 224 total goals (2.8 per game), seventh in the NHL.
Capitals vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- This season, 51 of Washington’s 80 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 6 goals.
- This season, 40 of New York’s games have featured more than 6 goals.
- The Capitals score 3.34 goals per game, compared to the Islanders’ average of 2.76, adding up to 0.1 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- These two teams allow a combined 5.7 goals per game, 0.3 less than this one’s over/under.
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 50 goals and 41 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 24 goals and 53 assists
- John Carlson: 16 goals and 54 assists
- Ilya Samsonov: 23-11-5 record, .896 save percentage, 116 goals conceded
Islanders Team Leaders
- Brock Nelson: 36 goals and 22 assists
- Mathew Barzal: 15 goals and 40 assists
- Noah Dobson: 13 goals and 35 assists
- Ilya Sorokin: 25-17-8 record, .927 save percentage, 118 goals conceded
Where To Watch Capitals vs. Islanders
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.