Thursday’s NHL matchup between the Tampa Bay Lightning (50-22-8) and the Columbus Blue Jackets (36-37-7) at Nationwide Arena sees the Lightning heavily favored on the road (-284 moneyline odds to win) against the Blue Jackets (+227). The game begins at 7:00 PM ET.
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Predictions
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Betting Trends
- The Lightning are 47-22 record when favored on the moneyline this season.
- Tampa Bay is 13-2 (winning 86.7% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -284 or shorter.
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Lightning’s implied win probability is 74.0%.
- The Lightning score the eighth-most goals in the league (277 total, 3.5 per game).
- Defensively, the Lightning are one of the stingiest squads in league play, allowing 219 total goals (2.7 per game) to rank fifth.
- This season the Blue Jackets have 24 wins in the 66 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Columbus is 2-8 when it is underdogs of +227 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jackets’ 250 goals on the season (3.1 per game) rank them 14th in the league.
- The Blue Jackets give up 3.6 goals per game (290 in total), 28th in the league.
Lightning vs. Blue Jackets Over/Under Trends
- This season, Tampa Bay and its opponent have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 6.5 goals 36 times.
- In Columbus’ 80 games this season, 44 have finished with more goals than Thursday’s over/under of 6.5.
- The Lightning score 3.46 goals per game, compared to the Blue Jackets’ average of 3.13, adding up to 0.1 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 6.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 6.4 goals per game, 0.1 less than this one’s over/under.
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 39 goals and 62 assists
- Victor Hedman: 20 goals and 63 assists
- Nikita Kucherov: 24 goals and 42 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 38-18-5 record, .917 save percentage, 152 goals given up
Blue Jackets Team Leaders
- Jakub Voracek: five goals and 54 assists
- Patrik Laine: 26 goals and 30 assists
- Oliver Bjorkstrand: 26 goals and 28 assists
- Elvis Merzlikins: 26-22-7 record, .906 save percentage, 174 goals allowed
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Blue Jackets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.