Sunday’s NHL matchup between the Carolina Hurricanes (50-20-8) and the New York Islanders (35-32-10) at UBS Arena sees the Hurricanes as road favorites (-158 moneyline odds to win) against the Islanders (+134). The game starts at 1:00 PM ET.
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- The Hurricanes are 44-22 record when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- Carolina is 27-14 in games it has played with moneyline odds of -158 or shorter (65.9% win percentage).
- The Hurricanes have a 61.2% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this contest.
- The Hurricanes’ 259 total goals (3.3 per game) rank ninth in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Hurricanes are the stingiest squad in NHL action, allowing 190 total goals (only 2.4 per game).
- The Islanders have been an underdog in 35 games this season, with seven upset wins (20.0%).
- New York has gone 2-9 when sportsbooks have listed them as underdogs of +134 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 212 goals (2.8 per game), the Islanders have the league’s 25th-ranked offense.
- The Islanders allow 2.8 goals per game (213 in total), the seventh-fewest in the NHL.
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- This season, Carolina and its opponent have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 5.5 goals 41 times.
- So far this season, 39 games New York has played finished with more than 5.5 goals.
- These two teams combine for 6.1 goals per game, 0.5700000000000003 more than the total for this contest.
- The 5.2 goals per game these two teams concede are 0.3 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Hurricanes Team Leaders
- Sebastian Aho: 36 goals and 42 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 30 goals and 38 assists
- Teuvo Teravainen: 20 goals and 42 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 35-14-3 record, .922 save percentage, 111 goals given up
Islanders Team Leaders
- Brock Nelson: 36 goals and 22 assists
- Mathew Barzal: 14 goals and 39 assists
- Noah Dobson: 11 goals and 34 assists
- Ilya Sorokin: 24-16-8 record, .927 save percentage, 112 goals allowed
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.