The No. 8 North Carolina Tar Heels (27-9) and the No. 15 Saint Peter’s Peacocks (22-11) will compete for a spot in the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament on Sunday. North Carolina is favored by 8.5 points in the East Regional Region bracket final, which begins at 5:05 PM on CBS.
North Carolina vs. Saint Peter’s Predictions
North Carolina vs. Saint Peter’s Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-8.5||137 points|
North Carolina vs. Saint Peter’s Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 9-1 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- North Carolina and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Tar Heels’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 145.6 points scored. That’s 8.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Tar Heels have scored 2.2 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Saint Peter’s covered the spread eight times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Saint Peter’s and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The Peacocks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 131.6 points scored. That’s 5.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Peacocks’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 71, 3.5 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
North Carolina vs. Saint Peter’s Betting Trends
- North Carolina has gone 21-16-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 8.5 points or more so far this season, the Tar Heels have gone 5-8 against the spread.
- This season, North Carolina’s games have hit the over 22 times out of 38 chances.
- The Tar Heels put up 78.3 points per game, 16 more points than the 62.3 the Peacocks give up.
- North Carolina has a 15-12-1 record against the spread and a 22-7 record overall when putting up more than 62.3 points.
- Saint Peter’s is 10-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The Peacocks have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Saint Peter’s games have hit the over six times out of 14 chances.
- The Peacocks score only 4.2 fewer points per game (67.5) than the Tar Heels allow their opponents to score (71.7).
- When it scores more than 71.7 points, Saint Peter’s is 3-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
North Carolina vs. Saint Peter’s Over/Under Trends
- A total of 27 North Carolina games this season have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 137 points.
- This season, five games Saint Peter’s played finished with a combined score higher than 137 points.
- The point total for the game of 137 is 8.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tar Heels (78.3 points per game) and the Peacocks (67.5 points per game).
- This game’s point total is three fewer points than the 134 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Tar Heels have seen a 147.4 over/under in their games this season, 10.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 5.2 points separates this matchup’s over/under (137 points) and the average total points bet in Peacocks’ games (131.8 points) this season.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.4 PTS, 12.5 REB, 1.7 BLK, 58.8 FG%
- Brady Manek: 15.1 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (88-for-225)
- Caleb Love: 15.7 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (87-for-230)
- RJ Davis: 13.5 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (64-for-167)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 4.9 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (15-for-45)
Saint Peter’s Team Leaders
- KC Ndefo: 10.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 2.7 BLK, 47.4 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (6-for-21)
- Daryl Banks III: 11.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.7 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (53-for-144)
- Fousseyni Drame: 6.9 PTS, 55.6 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (11-for-31)
- Hassan Drame: 6 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- Doug Edert: 9.8 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 42.2 3PT% (46-for-109)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.