An Elite Eight matchup features the No. 5 seed Houston Cougars (32-6) playing as 2-point favorites against the No. 2 seed Villanova Wildcats (29-7) on Saturday at AT&T Center. The NCAA Tournament matchup tips off at 6:09 PM on TBS.
Houston vs. Villanova Predictions
Houston vs. Villanova Betting Odds
Houston vs. Villanova Last 10 Games
- Houston is a perfect 10-0-0 against the spread in its last 10 games, and has a 10-0 straight-up record in those contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Houston games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 136.1 total points, 8.1 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Cougars are scoring 0.6 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Villanova is 10-0 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have hit the over one time in those games.
- The last 10 Wildcats games averaged 134.3 total points, 6.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Wildcats have a 64.8 points-per-game average, 7.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
Houston vs. Villanova Betting Trends
- Houston has gone 29-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 26-12 when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- Games involving Houston have hit the over 17 times out of 42 chances this season.
- The Cougars put up 73.7 points per game, 11 more points than the 62.7 the Wildcats give up.
- Houston is 19-10 against the spread and 26-3 overall when scoring more than 62.7 points.
- Villanova has registered a 21-16-2 record against the spread this year.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 1-3-1 when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- Villanova games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 39 chances this season.
- The Wildcats average 15 more points per game (72.5) than the Cougars give up (57.5).
- Villanova has put together a 14-11-2 ATS record and a 23-5 overall record in games it scores more than 57.5 points.
Houston vs. Villanova Over/Under Trends
- This season, Houston games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 128-point over/under 24 times.
- A total of 23 of Villanova’s games ended with a combined score higher than 128 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.2 points per game, 18.2 points more than the over/under of 128 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 120.2 points per game, 7.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Cougars have seen a 134 over/under in their games this season, six more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is eight points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (136 points).
Houston Team Leaders
- Kyler Edwards: 14.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.7 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (98-for-286)
- Fabian White Jr.: 12.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.4 BLK, 49.5 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (49-for-130)
- Jamal Shead: 10.1 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.7 STL, 40.8 FG%, 31 3PT% (36-for-116)
- Josh Carlton: 11.8 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 62.5 FG%
- Taze Moore: 10.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45.1 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (43-for-133)
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 15.9 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (108-for-260)
- Justin Moore: 15 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (78-for-221)
- Jermaine Samuels: 11 PTS, 47 FG%, 27 3PT% (27-for-100)
- Eric Dixon: 9.2 PTS, 50.8 FG%, 51.5 3PT% (17-for-33)
- Brandon Slater: 8.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 49.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (30-for-90)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.