A Sweet 16 matchup features the No. 4 seed UCLA Bruins (28-7) playing as 2-point favorites against the No. 8 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (26-9) on Friday at Wells Fargo Center. The NCAA Tournament contest begins at 9:39 PM, with the winner moving on to the East Regional Region bracket final.
UCLA vs. North Carolina Predictions
UCLA vs. North Carolina Betting Odds
UCLA vs. North Carolina Last 10 Games
- UCLA is 8-2 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- UCLA’s last 10 games saw seven go over the total.
- The Bruins’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 134.1 points scored. That’s 8.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Bruins have scored 0.6 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- North Carolina covered the spread eight times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- North Carolina’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Tar Heels games averaged 145.9 total points, 3.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Tar Heels are scoring 80.2 points per game compared to their 78.5 season average.
UCLA vs. North Carolina Betting Trends
- UCLA has covered the spread 20 times this season (20-15-1).
- In games this season when favored by 2 points or more, the Bruins are 19-12-1 against the spread.
- This season, UCLA’s games have hit the over 19 times out of 36 chances.
- The Bruins average only 1.7 more points per game (73.6) than the Tar Heels give up (71.9).
- UCLA has a 12-7-1 record against the spread and a 17-2 record overall when scoring more than 71.9 points.
- North Carolina has covered the spread 20 times in 37 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when an underdog by 2 points or more, the Tar Heels have gone 5-4 against the spread.
- This season, 22 of North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total out of 37 chances.
- The Tar Heels put up an average of 78.5 points per game, 16.1 more points than the 62.4 the Bruins give up.
- When it scores more than 62.4 points, North Carolina is 15-12-1 against the spread and 22-7 overall.
UCLA vs. North Carolina Over/Under Trends
- UCLA and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 142.5 points 15 times this season.
- A total of 24 of North Carolina’s games finished with a combined score higher than 142.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the contest of 142.5 is 9.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bruins (73.6 points per game) and the Tar Heels (78.5 points per game).
- The 134.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 8.2 fewer than the 142.5 total in this contest.
- The Bruins have seen a 138.3 average over/under in their games this season, 4.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.1 points separates the average total points bet in Tar Heels’ games (147.6 points) and this contest’s over/under (142.5 points).
UCLA Team Leaders
- Jaime Jaquez Jr.: 14 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.2 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (21-for-73)
- Jules Bernard: 12.7 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (54-for-161)
- Tyger Campbell: 11.8 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (50-for-120)
- Johnny Juzang: 15.7 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (43-for-121)
- Myles Johnson: 3.6 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 62 FG%
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.4 PTS, 12.5 REB, 1.7 BLK, 58.8 FG%
- Brady Manek: 15.1 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (85-for-215)
- Caleb Love: 15.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 36.7 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (81-for-217)
- RJ Davis: 13.5 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (63-for-163)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 5 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (15-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.