A Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament matchup between the No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks (30-6) and No. 4 Providence Friars (27-5) will determine one of the squads heading to the Midwest Regional Region bracket final when it tips off on Friday at United Center, tipping off at 7:29 PM. Sportsbooks think Kansas will emerge victorious in this one, naming the as 7.5-point favorites.
Kansas vs. Providence Predictions
Kansas vs. Providence Betting Odds
Kansas vs. Providence Last 10 Games
- Kansas is 10-0 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Kansas’ last 10 outings saw four hit the over.
- The last 10 Jayhawks games averaged 139.9 total points, 1.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Jayhawks are scoring 1.9 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Providence has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Providence’s past 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Friars games averaged 7.5 fewer points (134) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Friars have a 72.8 points-per-game average, one point above their season-long scoring average.
Kansas vs. Providence Betting Trends
- Kansas is 19-19-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7.5-point favorites or more, the Jayhawks have an ATS record of 11-12.
- Kansas games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times out of 38 chances this season.
- The 78.7 points per game the Jayhawks average are 12.5 more points than the Friars give up (66.2).
- Kansas has a 13-14 record against the spread and a 24-4 record overall when scoring more than 66.2 points.
- Providence has covered the spread 18 times this season (18-14-0).
- The Friars are a perfect 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Providence’s games have gone over the total 16 times out of 33 chances this season.
- The Friars score an average of 71.8 points per game, only 3.9 more points than the 67.9 the Jayhawks allow.
- Providence has put together an 11-8 ATS record and a 19-2 overall record in games it scores more than 67.9 points.
Kansas vs. Providence Over/Under Trends
- This season, Kansas games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 141.5-point over/under 21 times.
- A total of 13 of Providence’s games finished with a combined score higher than 141.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 141.5 is nine points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Jayhawks (78.7 points per game) and the Friars (71.8 points per game).
- The 134.1 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 7.4 fewer than the 141.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Jayhawks have seen a 141.8 over/under in their games this season, 0.3 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 6.2 points more than the average over/under in Friars’ games this season (135.3 points).
Kansas Team Leaders
- Christian Braun: 14.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.1 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (48-for-121)
- Ochai Agbaji: 19.3 PTS, 47 FG%, 40 3PT% (94-for-235)
- Jalen Wilson: 11 PTS, 7.2 REB, 48.7 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (27-for-99)
- David McCormack: 10 PTS, 7.1 REB, 48.8 FG%
- Dajuan Harris: 5.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 42.5 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (17-for-55)
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 9.9 PTS, 8.5 REB, 45.4 FG%, 41 3PT% (59-for-144)
- Nate Watson: 13.5 PTS, 55.5 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.3 PTS, 35.5 FG%, 23.9 3PT% (26-for-109)
- Jared Bynum: 12.6 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (43-for-103)
- Justin Minaya: 6.6 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (33-for-102)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.